The Man Who Could Cheat Death
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Terence Fisher. Written by Jimmy Sangster, based on the play The Man in Half Moon Street by Barré Lyndon.
HIS HIDEOUS OBSESSION LED HIM TO COMMIT GHASTLY CRIMES OF PASSION AND VIOLENCE. (taglines)
Dr. Georges Bonner
- [Before unveiling the bust] I would like to say at this stage that any credit due for what you are about to see should be laid at the feet of my charming young model. An artist cannot form a thing of beauty unless he has a thing of beauty from which to draw inspiration.
- [Threatening Pierre] It will be extremely unfortunate if I don't survive this surgery.
- [to Weiss] You're old. You can see death staring you in the face, but I can't. I'm not going to die!
Dr. Ludwig Weiss
- What is death that it should be feared so much?
- [Frightened, as Bonner metamorphs] Your eyes! What's the matter with your eyes?
- Janine Du Bois: [about the disappearance of Margo] But that's terrible. What could have happened?
- Inspector Legris: Quite a number of things could have happened, Ma'm'selle, and it's up to me to find out the one that did.
- Janine Du Bois: But, George, you just can't stand there and tell me that you're going away and never coming back without giving me an explanation.
- Dr. Georges Bonner: My work makes it necessary.
- Janine Du Bois: Because you're a doctor?
- Dr. Georges Bonner: Yes, partly. I have to travel where no one has been before. I want to lift the curtain of life and see what is beyond.
- HIS HIDEOUS OBSESSION LED HIM TO COMMIT GHASTLY CRIMES OF PASSION AND VIOLENCE.
- BEHIND THIS FACE...a Terrifying Secret!
- His terrifying secret - his hideous obsession made him...
- Anton Diffring — Dr. Georges Bonnet
- Hazel Court — Janine Dubois
- Christopher Lee — Dr. Pierre Gerard
- Arnold Marlé — Prof. Ludwig Weiss
- Delphi Lawrence — Margo Phillipe
- Francis de Wolff — Insp. LeGris
- Gerda Larsen — Street Girl
- Ronald Adam — Doctor
- Marie Burke — Woman at Private View