The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is a 1962 Western, starring John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart
James Stewart and John Wayne...Together for the First Time.
- Directed by John Ford. Screenplay by James Warner Bellah and Willis Goldbeck. Adapted from a short story written by Dorothy M. Johnson.
- This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact...print the legend.
- You got a choice, Dishwasher. Either you get out of town, or tonight you be out on that street alone. You be there, and don't make us come and get you.
- Liberty Valance's the toughest man south of the Picketwire...next to me.
- Whoa, take'er easy there, Pilgrim.
- Pompey, go find Doc Willoughby. If he's sober, bring him back.
- The jail's only got one cell, and the lock's broke and I sleep in it.