The Mummy (2017 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Mummy is a 2017 film about an ancient Egyptian princess who is awakened from her crypt beneath the desert, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension.
Welcome to a New World of Gods and Monsters (taglines)
- Whatever's in there has been safely hidden for two thousand years. This isn't a tomb, it's a prison.
- Legend has it she's a being of unimaginable powers. Now she's using you to regain them.
Dr. Henry Jekyll
- Welcome to a new world of gods and monsters.
- [narrating] Ahmanet understood power was not given...it had to be taken. Set, the god of death; they made a pact, a pact that would unleash darkness itself. Ahmanet was reborn a monster.
- Please meet Princess Ahmanet. She will claim what she has been denied.
- Sometimes it does take a monster to fight a monster.
- You want to know what lies beyond the veil of death? You will...when I kill you!
- I loved my father with all my heart. All I wanted...was his love in return.
- Chris Vail: You can't run. You can't escape. She's got plans for you.
- Cross Rail Worker: [having just broken through with their drill] What the hell is this?
- Construction Worker: I don't know.
- Cross Rail Worker: [stepping inside] Whoa! Bloody hell!
- Reporter: The Crossrail is the biggest construction project in Europe, carving 26 miles of new commuter train tunnels beneath the surface of London. But today, an ancient tomb filled with the coffins of Crusader knights...
- Archaeologist: People don't realize that London is a giant grave land. A modern city built on centuries of death.
- Nick Morton: You're welcome, by the way.
- Jenny Halsey: How's that?
- Nick Morton: Because I saved your... whatever-it-is. [pointing out at the desert]
- Jenny Halsey: That was safely hidden for 5,000 years before you dropped a Hellfire missile on it.
- Jenny Halsey: You are a good man.
- Nick Morton: You don't know that.
- Jenny Halsey: Yes, I do. There's good man inside of you fighting to come out. You saved my life. You gave me the only parachute without thinking.
- Nick Morton: [taken aback] I thought there was another one.
- Sergeant Johnson: We're going to die here because of you!
- Nick Morton: Just let me think!
- Sergeant Johnson: What!?
- Nick Morton: I'm thinking...
- Sergeant Johnson What are you thinking!?
- Nick Morton I'm thinking we're probably going to die here.
- Sergeant Johnson: I knew it!
- Dr. Henry Jekyll: Welcome to Prodigium, Mr. Morton. From the latin "Monstrum vel prodigium," a warning of monsters. Forgive the state of things, we had very little time to prepare for our guest, and only the information Jennifer provided to go on. In truth she works for us, it's not an exact science this business.
- Nick Morton: And the business being...?
- Dr. Henry Jekyll: Evil, Mr. Morton. Recognize, contain, examine, destroy.
- Dr. Henry Jekyll: You are alive because you were chosen.
- Nick Morton: Chosen? By what?
- Dr. Henry Jekyll: Evil. The ultimate evil.
- Welcome to a New World of Gods and Monsters.
- Tom Cruise — Nick Morton
- Sofia Boutella — Princess Ahmanet
- Annabelle Wallis — Jenny Halsey
- Jake Johnson — Sergeant Vail
- Courtney B. Vance — Colonel Greenway
- Russell Crowe — Dr. Henry Jekyll
- Javier Botet — Set
- Selva Rasalingam — King Menehptre
- Dylan Smith — Lorenzo Montanari
- Rez Kempton — Foreman
- Chasty Ballesteros — Kira Lee