The Mystery of Edwin Drood (1935 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Stuart Walker. Written by Leopold Atlas and John L. Balderston, based on the novel by Charles Dickens.
- [about Jasper] When I'm dressed, I feel as if he were looking through the wall at me!
- Miss Twinkleton: [addressing her students] Ladies, a crisis is a test of breeding. Remember you're Britons!
- Mr. Septimus Crisparkle: [to Neville] Tomorrow you're my pupil, but today you are my guest.
- Rosa Bud: Oh, Helena, I'm frightened!
- Helena Landless: Mr. Jasper?
- Rosa Bud: He haunts my thoughts like a dreadful ghost!
- John Jasper: [Awakening from his stupor] What was I doing?
- The Opium Woman: Stranglin' me! You can't go around stranglin' people without payin' for it!
- John Jasper: Mr. Neville, In my presence two nights ago did you or did you not raise a knife against my Ned?
- Neville Landless: I did.
- Mayor Thomas Sapsea: A knife? Mmmm... most un-English!
- John Jasper: Captain, there's been a miscarriage of justice!
- Mayor Thomas Sapsea: Impossible. I've never left my desk.
- Claude Rains — John Jasper
- David Manners — Edwin Drood
- Heather Angel — Rosa Bud
- Valerie Hobson — Helena Landless
- E.E. Clive — Mayor Sapsea
- Francis L. Sullivan — The Rev. Mister Septimus Crisparkle
- Douglass Montgomery — Neville Landless
- Walter Kingsford — Mr. Grewgious
- Zeffie Tilbury — Princess Puffer