The Object of My Affection
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Nicholas Hytner. Written by Wendy Wasserstein, adapted from the book of the same title by Stephen McCauley.
A love story that could only happen between best friends. taglines
- Don't open the door for any gas men. Unless you think either one of us would be interested.
- I like guys a lot, but I'm not going to waste my time with some guy that doesn't see things the way I do... I mean do you really need this guy?
- I want you to be with me, I want you to marry me, I want you to love me the way that I love you.
- You don't tell a woman that you love her and then two days later bring Romeo over to sleep with him.
- You have to pick one person and make it work.
- Freud didn't know DICK about women.
- I want to look at you and not feel so hurt by you.
- Head up, young person.
- I'm simple, that's why I teach first grade.
- Don't fix your life so that you're left alone right as you come to the middle of it.
- One shouldn't be too hard on oneself when the object of one's affection returns the favor with rather less enthusiasm than one might have hoped.
- I enjoy gay people, but I just have a slight problem with my pregnant sister being in love with one of them.
- Sidney Miller: If I wasn't happily married and you weren't my wife's stepsister, I'd have an affair with you in a second.
- Sidney Miller: I swear, I'm hotter than a goat in China.
- Dr. Robert Joley: We're too young to settle for a twin-bedded friendship.
- Rodney Fraser: Have you noticed that you're the only practicing heterosexual at your Thanksgiving dinner?
- Nina: I haven't practiced for a while.
- Sidney: Betty, we should go.
- Constance: Betty was your other wife. I'm Constance.
- Constance: Do you love him?
- Nina: Yeah, whatever that means.
- George Hanson: Do you ever just want to touch her nose? I mean it's like a Tulip.
- Nina: Don't start that with her.
- Dr. Robert Joley: Are you okay, honey?
- George Hanson: How did we get back to the "honey" stage so quickly?
- Dr. Robert Joley: Maybe we never should have left it.
- A love story that could only happen between best friends.
- Sometimes The Most Desirable Relationship Is The One You Can't Have
- Jennifer Aniston - Nina Borowski
- Paul Rudd - George Hanson
- John Pankow - Vince McBride
- Allison Janney - Constance Miller
- Alan Alda - Sidney Miller
- Tim Daly - Dr. Robert Joley
- Joan Copeland - Madame Reynolds
- Steve Zahn - Frank Hanson
- Nigel Hawthorne - Rodney Fraser
- Kali Rocha - Melissa
- Gabriel Macht as Steve Casillo
- Sarah Hyland as Molly
- Hayden Panettiere - Mermaid
- Liam Aiken - Nathan
- Bruce Altman - Dr. Goldstein
- Daniel Cosgrove - Trotter Bull
- Samia Shoaib - Suni
- Audra McDonald - wedding singer
- Lauren Varija Pratt as Sally
- Paz de la Huerta - 13-year-old Sally
- Salem Ludwig - Mr. Shapiro
- Antonia Rey - Mrs. Ochoa
- John Roland - TV Anchor
- Rosanna Scotto - TV Anchor
- Kevin Corrall - Louis Crowley
- Kia Goodwin - Juliet