The Outlaw Josey Wales
- [to bounty hunter] Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy.
- Hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.
- There ain't no forgettin'.
- Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
- [while aiming his scoped rifle at a ferry rope] Well, Mr. Carpetbagger we've got something in this territory called the Missouri boat ride.
- Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?
- We'll do without molasses. Anything from Missouri has a taint about it.
- [to Abe, his fellow bounty hunter] He's mean as a rattler, and twice as fast with them pistols.
- [to Lige] You pull his teeth, he's harmless as a heel hound. Always wanted to face down one of these pistol fighters they raise all the fuss about. Only way to handle them.
- I wore this frock coat in Washington, before the war. We wore them because we belonged to the five civilized tribes. We dressed ourselves up like Abraham Lincoln. We only got to see the Secretary of the Interior, and he said: "Boy! You boys sure look civilized.!" he congratulated us and gave us medals for looking so civilized. We told him about how our land had been stolen and our people were dying. When we finished he shook our hands and said, "endeavor to persevere!" They stood us in a line: John Jumper, Chili McIntosh, Buffalo Hump, Jim Buckmark, and me — I am Lone Watie. They took our pictures. And the newspapers said, "Indians vow to endeavor to persevere."
- We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.
- I didn't surrender neither. But they took my horse and made him surrender...Now he's pullin' a wagon up in Kansas.
- All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eating. It's just for looking through.
- You know she thinks I'm some kind of a Cherokee chief.
- Young Confederate: Whupped 'em again, didn't we Josey?
- Josey Wales: I reckon so.
- Josey Wales: Whenever I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
- Lone Watie: I notice when you get to dislikin' someone, they ain't around long, neither.
- Clint Eastwood - Josey Wales
- Chief Dan George - Lone Watie
- Sondra Locke - Laura Lee
- Bill McKinney - Terrill
- John Vernon - Fletcher
- Paula Trueman - Grandma Sarah
- Sam Bottoms as Jamie
- Geraldine Keams - Little Moonlight
- Woodrow Parfrey - Carpetbagger
- Joyce Jameson - Rose
- Sheb Wooley - Travis Cobb
- Royal Dano - Ten Spot
- Matt Clark - Kelly
- Will Sampson - Ten Bears
- John Quade - Comanchero Leader
- Richard Farnsworth uncredited, - one of the Comancheros
- Kyle Eastwood uncredited, - Josey's son
- Len Lesser - Abe
- Doug McGrath - Lige
- John Russell - "Bloody Bill" Anderson
- John Chandler - first bounty hunter
- The Outlaw Josey Wales quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- The Outlaw Josey Wales at Rotten Tomatoes
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|