The Owl House
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Owl House is an American animated television series created by Dana Terrace that aired on Disney Channel from January 10, 2020 to April 8, 2023.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
A Lying Witch and a Warden [1.01]
- Luz: Oh! Hello, little fairy. Are you going to tell me this is all a fantastical dream?
- Fairy: [showing huge pointed teeth] GIVE ME YOUR SKIN!
- [Luz yelps and swats her away]
- Luz: Flying staffs, crazy monsters, you're a witch! What is this place?!
- Eda: This is the Boiling Isles. Every myth you humans have is caused by a little of our world leaking into yours.
- Luz: [as a griffin resembling the model she made at school flies near] A griffin! [it barfs spiders] I knew it!
- Eda: Yep. Griffins, vampires, giraffes...
- Luz: Giraffes?
- Eda: Oh yeah. We banished those guys. Bunch of freaks.
Witches Before Wizards [1.02]
- Luz: I'm just confused.
- Eda: Thinking of calling it quits, huh?
- Luz: This place is nothing like I imagined.
- Eda: Hmm... maybe not here. But come with me. I got something to show you.
- [Eda flies Luz and King up into the sky, the former wearing a blindfold]
- Eda: Okay, you can look.
- Luz: [takes the blindfold off] Whoa!
- [The Boiling Isles is revealed to be the corpse of a Titan]
- Eda: The bones of the Isles. Up close, the Isles can be slimy...
- King: And very stinky.
- Eda: And gross. But if you look at it from a different perspective...
- [A shooting star crosses the evening sky above the Titan's skull]
- Luz: It's beautiful.
- King: Yeah...
- Luz: Eda, how did you know that wizard was lying?
- Eda: Look, kid, everyone wants to believe they're "chosen". But if we all waited around for a prophecy to make us special, [chuckling slightly] we'd die waiting. And that's why you need to choose yourself.
- Luz: Does that mean you'll give me a magic staff of my own?
- Eda: Not yet. But... someday.
I Was a Teenage Abomination [1.03]
The Intruder [1.04]
Hooty's Missing Hassle [1.06]
Lost in Luggage [1.07]
Once Upon a Swap [1.08]
Something Ventured, Someone Framed [1.09]
Escape of the Palisman [1.10]
Sense and Insensitivity [1.11]
Adventures in the Elements [1.12]
- [After Hooty destroys the rebellious toys that King bought to life]
- King: Private Hooty, today, when the felt flew, you showed grit and determination that were instrumental in securing our victory. May I just say, it has been an honour to be your commander?
- Hooty: Sir, the honour is all mine!
- King: [hugging him] Private, our hearts have been touched by fire, and--
- Eda: [arriving home with Luz] Ahem! What the heck did you two get into?!
- King: Um, excuse me?! We're having a moment here!
- Hooty: [dramatically] You'll never understand what we've been through together! Never! Never!
- King: Ugh, moment ruined. [walks away]
- Hooty: [cheerfully] I will be haunted by my actions forever. Hoot hoot!
The First Day [1.13]
Really Small Problems [1.14]
Understanding Willow [1.15]
Enchanting Grom Fright [1.16]
Wing It Like Witches [1.17]
- Willow: Oh thorns...
- Luz: Wha-What happened?
- Willow: She caught the Rusty Smidge.
- Luz: The what?!
- Boscha: Yeah, while you were celebrating your "victory", I caught this guy. It means we automatically win. All magic sports are like this.
- Luz: [completely furious] That just invalidates all our efforts! If catching that thing is so important, why do anything else?! There's no reason to watch any of the other players! THAT'S SUCH A STUPID RULE!
Agony of a Witch [1.18]
Young Blood, Old Souls [1.19]
Separate Tides [2.01]
Escaping Expulsion [2.02]
Echoes of the Past [2.03]
Keeping Up A-fear-ances [2.04]
Through the Looking Glass Ruins [2.05]
- Emperor Belos/Philip Wittebane: My journey through the Demon Realm is far from over. But today I humbly donate my journal to the ages. Entry one: May 21st... I think. My name is Philip Wittebane, and I found myself in a world so horrid, yet so fantastic, few minds could have dreamt it. If only those at home could see what I have, and perhaps they shall. For the more I learn about this realm, the more I am certain I can harness its strange powers to return home. Today I begin recording my journey to create a portal back to the Human Realm.
Hunting Palismen [2.06]
Eda's Requiem [2.07]
Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Hooty's Door [2.08]
Eclipse Lake [2.09]
Yesterday's Lie [2.10]
- Camila: [to a caged, gagged Vee] Hello... This is all so confusing, but... who knew I had such a strong girl living under my roof this whole time? [Vee tears up happily]
- Jacob: [interrupts, wearing armor] So how do I look? Maybe we can collaborate on a version that can survive the battles on Mars? [notices Camila's phone, gasps] Wait, what is that?! Are you recording this?!
- Camila: [nervously] Uuuuuhhhh...
- Jacob: [frowns for a moment, then grins] Wonderful! [taking a knife from the wall] Well, I was gonna wait until after the press tour, but let's begin our live dissection of this demon right now! [turns on Vee]
- Camila: STOP! Uh, the... the President just called! Yeah, and, uh... [sees Luz encouraging her from the phone] uh... You know what? I don't have the imagination for this. I will be taking this innocent child with me, and you will never bother us again.
- Jacob: What?! No, absolutely not! We made a verbal agreement--
- Camila: Mister! [brandishing an upside-down slingshot] You better back the heck down, or I will tell the police you have been illegally setting up traps and cameras on private property! [drops the slingshot]
- Jacob: I won't let you take away my discovery! I'm the good guy here!
- Camila: [takes out a flip-flop from her handbag] Yeah... a lot of bad guys say that. [strikes him with it]
Follies at the Coven Day Parade [2.11]
Elsewhere and Elsewhen [2.12]
Any Sport in a Storm [2.13]
Reaching Out [2.14]
Them's the Breaks, Kid [2.15]
Hollow Mind [2.16]
Edge of the World [2.17]
Labyrinth Runners [2.18]
- Guard Captain: When Emperor Belos catches wind of this...
- Principal Bump: [smirking] I'm sure he'll be thrilled to learn one of his captains was defeated... by a couple teenagers.
- Guard Captain: [groans, then notices a guard leaving] Severine! Get on that ship or you'll be walking back to the castle!
- Severine: Y'know what?! It has been a rough year, and my self-esteem can only take so much! [removes her mask and throws it to the ground, revealing her cat-like features] I QUIT! I'm going back to the Tiny Cat Coven...!
O Titans, Where Art Thou [2.19]
Clouds on the Horizon [2.20]
King's Tide [2.21]
- The Collector: [in shadow form, excited] We did it! It's done, it's done! Now you can set me free and we can play new games!
- Belos: [with a cruel smirk] I'm afraid that's impossible.
- The Collector: [confused] Uh... excuse-a-what now? [Belos sets down the mirror dismissively] B-But you said... you'd use the Titan blood to help free me!
- Belos: And I'm sorry, but I just realized I only have enough Titan's Blood to open the portal.
- [After removing his cape and tying back his hair, Belos takes out the portal key and drains the last of the blood into a device powering the portal]
- The Collector: [with rising anger and hurt] But you said we were friends! W-We pinky-swore! You lied! Liar! Liar! LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR!!! LIAR-- [disappears as Belos covers the mirror with his cape]
- Kikimora: [entering with the orb containing Luz (whom she thinks is Hunter)] Emperor, congratulations on this momentous day. I come bearing a gift. [Belos slowly walks towards her] You had been looking for the Golden Guard, and here he is! Perhaps this act is worthy of me returning to my old post? Or, if you're looking for a new right hand...?
- Belos: Have you as my right hand? I'd sooner cut off my whole arm.
- Kikimora: [taken aback] But... uh... I just want to help!
- Belos: You want to help? [takes the cloak-covered mirror, with the Collector's muffled screams still audible, and forces Kikimora out of the room with magic] Go find a hole to wither away in. [leaves a shocked Kikimora, goes to the edge of the bridge and uncovers the mirror] And you...
- The Collector: [appearing again] I gave you the draining spell! I taught you magic stronger than anybody's!
- Belos: And that's why I won't release you. Can't have you giving that to anyone else. Goodbye. [throws the mirror and cloak over the edge]
- The Collector: [screaming as the mirror falls] YOU'RE A LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE!!!
- [While Luz and the others try to force Belos to stop the Day of Unity, King encounters a forlorn and weakening Kikimora.]
- Kikimora: It's pointless. Belos can't stop the spell any more than they can. Only The Collector has that power.
- King: Who... is The Collector?
- Kikimora: Neither witch nor demon - a child from the stars. Belos only talked to him when he thought no one was around, but I was always listening. Belos was afraid of him.
- King: [thinking] An opportunity...! Take me to him!
- Kikimora: If that means kicking the Emperor's butt... gladly.
- [A transformed Belos corners Luz and the Hexsquad, and prepares to kill them - but his scythe-shaped arm is effortlessly held back by the Collector in his true, childlike form, to everyone's surprise.]
- The Collector: [smiling cheerfully] Whatcha playin'?
- Belos: [trying to hide his fear as the Collector glares at him] Collector! You're free, just as promised...
- The Collector: "As promised"? I remember someone throwing me off a bridge... [smiles again] I'm not angry, though. Say, you wanna play tag? [twirls his finger, dragging Belos towards him] I'm it.
- [The Collector taps Belos' face, immediately launching him into the door and splattering his body into a pile of slime, to the Hexsquad's further shock.]
- The Collector: [giggles] Too slow! [approaches the Hexsquad curiously] You guys look slow too. Do you need a head start?
- King: [hurrying in, nervously] Whoa, whoa, Collector! Buddy, pal!
- The Collector: [happily] King!
- King: Remember what we talked about? You gotta help all my friends outside, or, uh... we won't get to play "Owl House"! [looks back at the group]
- Luz: [playing along] Uh... Owl House? Uh, gosh! [chuckles nervously] I love that game!
- Amity: The memories last a lifetime!
- Willow: I play it every day!
- Gus: I play it every hour!
- Hunter: [squeals, looking particularly terrified]
- King: I'll explain the rules later. But remember, we need lots of players.
- [The Collector looks outside, wincing as he sees the eclipse, and briefly enlarges his eyes like binoculars to see everyone having their magic drained away.]
- The Collector: Hmm... okay! Boop!
- [He moves the moon with a simple movement with one finger, stopping the spell and saving Hunter and everyone else. The Hexsquad wait to see what happens next.]
- The Collector: Hmm... [chuckles] If we're gonna play Owl House, [floats up into the air] we're gonna need an Owl House!
- [He claps his hands, and the Titan's skull starts to disassemble into rearranging pieces, while the Hexsquad looks on in growing fear]
- The Collector: [excited and delighted] WE'RE GONNA HAVE A BLAST, EVERYONE!
Thanks to Them [3.01]
- Mr. Sandoval: "Foes vanquished, he trod the shores of his fatherland, family by his side, finally at peace." This epic ends with the homecoming of not just a man, but a hero.
- Luz: Hero? Everywhere he went, people ended up suffering.
- Mr. Sandoval: It does get bleak, but no one said his mission would be easy. And when you take into account the ripple effects of his actions--
- Luz: Who cares about the ripple effects?! He was just a pawn in someone else's game! A-and he was never smart enough to realize it! If his friends and family knew about his mission, they'd know that their lives would have never been in danger if it weren't for him! They should hate his guts! And it would have been better if he literally never existed!
- [Everyone in the classroom gives her shocked and worried looks]
- Masha: I hope you're all prepared for a truly scary ride.
- Gus and Willow: [chanting] Make us cry! Make us cry!
- Masha: Because there's nothing scarier than knowledge.
- Gus: Boo, just lie to me!
- Masha: Let me tell you the eeriest unsolved mystery of Gravesfield: the Tale of the Brothers Wittebane.
- Amity: [to Luz and Hunter] Wittebane? Isn't that Belos?
- Masha: The year is 1613. Two orphaned brothers arrive in Gravesfield. Their names? Philip... and Caleb.
- Hunter: [experiencing flashbacks of Belos and himself] Oh, no...
- Masha: Caleb did his best to take care of his younger brother. They tried to fit in with this town, and its unsavoury practices. They became witch hunters! Local lore suggests that the Brothers Wittebane met a real witch from another world - her name was Evelyn! And the older brother was spirited away. She dazzled him with magic and visions of a strange yet beautiful place! They used a secret code to travel between worlds. Philip set off to save his brother and bring the witch to justice - but neither were ever seen again! Maybe Philip saved Caleb, and they went on to lead peaceful lives. Or maybe he's still chasing his brother, [shining their flashlight under their face] caught in a cycle of horror and strife! [turns off the flashlight, casually] Sounds like big bro got a hot witch girlfriend and little bro got upset. But that's just me.
- Luz: Dear Diary, all I ever wanted was to be good at something, to be around people who also liked that something. And when I found the Demon Realm, I-I thought, "Wow, I found it. I can learn magic. I can be a witch. I-I won't be the dummy in the principal's office anymore!" But I messed up too much and put everyone in danger. Mama says I have to learn from my mistakes. So, I know what I have to do now… On Halloween, after the Hayride, I'm telling everyone I'm staying in the Human Realm. Permanently.
- Luz: You! You survived!
- Belos: [possessing Hunter] I did. Thanks again for all the help, Luz, but I don't need you anymore.
- [He swipes at her with his transformed arm, narrowly missing her and Flapjack and making her drop her vial of Titan blood]
- Luz: Flapjack! [takes the palisman onto her shoulder]
- Belos: [gripping the vial] Ah. There you are.
- [Luz knocks it out of his hand with an ice spike, but her other glyph attacks miss]
- Belos: [mockingly] You're not even trying right now. What? Afraid you'll hurt him?
- [As Luz sweats with fear and anger, her other friends and mother arrive.]
- Camila: Is that Hunter?
- Gus: Something's wrong.
- Belos: See, this is why you're so useful, Luz. You're so desperate to help people... you even helped me meet the Collector.
- [The others look shocked]
- Amity: What?
- Luz: I didn't mean to! I thought I was doing something good!
- Belos: You did do something good. I thought this one was another lost cause. Because of you, we can finish our work as witch-hunters, starting with them!
- [He reaches for the witches, but Amity swats his hand away with her palisman, and a fight begins. Belos destroys one of Gus' illusions and laughs.]
- Gus: [flying near him] Hey, Belos! Remember me?
- [Belos tries to strike him again, only to hit another illusion, while Willow slams down one of his arms]
- Vee: Hang tight, Hunter! [starts draining Belos' magic]
- Amity: Vee, watch out! [pulls her back before Belos can grab her]
- [After more fighting, Luz darts towards the possessed Hunter and embraces him]
- Luz: I know you can hear me, Hunter! Fight him off!
- [Belos throws her away, and Amity creates a safe landing for her with mud and ice. Flapjack starts pecking at Belos' antlers, only to be grabbed by him.]
- Belos: That's right. You wouldn't want me harming your precious palisman, would you? Oh, but then again, I don't care what you want. Goodbye, Evelyn.
- [To everyone's horror, he pierces Flapjack and starts absorbing his essence, but Hunter's personality starts to resist, forcing him to let go, and the wounded Flapjack flies back to Luz.]
- Luz: [crying] Flapjack! Flapjack, you'll be okay...
- Hunter: [regaining control] You know what I'd like, Belos? [struggles and groans in pain] I'd like to leave the Emperor's Coven and never step foot in that throne room again. I'd like to study wild magic, and learn how to carve palismen. I'd like to attend Hexside as a regular student and play flyer derby with my friends. [grabs the vial of blood] But most of all, I'd like to make sure you NEVER HURT ANYONE AGAIN! [throws it into the river]
- Belos: NO!
For the Future [3.02]
- Luz: [screams in anger] My whole plan fell apart! I-- I messed up again! [throws her witch hat aside]
- Camila: What are you talking about?
- Luz: [sighs] It doesn't matter. [starts walking away]
- Camila: [grabs her daughter's hand, stopping her] No, mija. It does matter. You don't want to leave the Demon Realm, do you?
- Luz: Of course not! But...
- Camila: You keep messing up? Messing up is a part of living! You don't think I've ever messed up before? Ha! Okay, well, once I scheduled my wisdom tooth surgery the day before my wedding. Oh, then there was that time I got road rage and didn't realize I was cursing out your new principal! And, you know, I sold energy drinks for a pyramid scheme for three years! [starting to tear up] And of course, I was convinced we should move to Gravesfield to be closer to that fancy hospital. You know how that ended. [Luz tears up as well] And worst of all, I didn't stand up for you when you needed me most. [sniffles] I forgot about the Astral Oath.
- Luz: ... The what?
- Camila: The Astral Oath is a promise made between Captain Avery and his family, to love and protect each other, just as they are, through supernovas and solar winds.
- Luz: [starting to smile again] Mom... are you a secret nerd?
- Camila: I had a hard time growing up. [places Luz's witch hat back on her head and caresses her cheek] I was afraid you would too. My biggest mistake was trying to protect you, by changing this beautiful Good Witch into something she wasn't.
- [Luz sheds more tears. Inside her waist pouch, unnoticed by either of them, her Palisman egg starts glowing and cracking open]
- Luz: I think I just realized something... I don't know why it took me so long to figure out. The only thing I've ever really wanted... was to be understood!
- [Camila notices the egg glowing brighter than ever, and it finally hatches]
Watching and Dreaming [3.03]
- Luz: Collector... you know this can't last forever.
- The Collector: [sniffs] Why? 'Cause you know you'll "Luz"? [sees that Luz, King and Eda are willing to listen, and looks sad] I just wanted a friend who wouldn't lie to me, or trick me. But everyone's the same! King lied, Belos lied - even they lied.
- Luz: Who's "they"?
- The Collector: The Archivists, my siblings. "Oh, let's play a game," they said! "Let's play hide and seek! You go down there and see if the Titans wanna play!" So I played - and it was great! The baby Titans were the cutest, just like King, and they were all so welcoming! But the Archivists were scared of their power. So one by one, they disappeared, until there was only one Titan left - and he thought I was the bad guy! He hid his egg from me and trapped me! But I showed all of them! Even when those Trapper jerks started acting weird! Even when Belos lied to me! I found King! I found the last Titan, and he's my friend now!
- King: [deeply shocked and saddened] Collector...
- The Collector: I know it's just pretend! I don't care! I'll pretend as long as I want!
- Luz: [sympathetic] But that's not what you want, is it?
- The Collector: What do you know?!
- Eda: We know what it's like to feel alone.
- King: And abandoned.
- Luz: And misunderstood. Hey, what if... we showed you how we became friends?
- The Collector: King already told me about your adventures.
- Luz: It's different when you can see them. [shows him one of her polaroid pictures] What do you think? Can we tell you our stories?
- Luz: King?
- Titan: [chuckles] No. But he does get his good looks from me.
- Luz: [shocked] Oh... Titan.
- Titan: Oh, me! Nice to meet you, Luz the Human.
- Luz: [shaking his hand] You can't actually be the Titan Titan, right? You're the Boiling Isles, and that Titan is all--
- Titan: Dead-looking?
- Luz: Does that mean I'm also--? [starts to sink, but the Titan lifts her back up]
- Titan: Ah, no, nope, no, don't wanna do that. If you go under without a portal, you really will be dead-looking.
- Luz: I can't believe this... you're King's dad!
- Titan: I think King said it best once: "I am both King and Queen, best of both things!" [chuckles] But "Dad" works fine.
- Luz: What is this place?
- Titan: This is the space in between... well, in between a lot of places. And I've been stuck here for quite some time. But at least I can keep an eye on my child, and those who have been kind to him. [gazes into a floating block, showing King spending moments with Luz and Eda]
- Luz: [sadly] I'm not so kind. When I saw the Collector fly up to Belos, I hoped with all my heart I would see them blast him away, and... [sighs]
- Titan: Hey, I can relate. I was willing to do anything to keep my kid safe. But I attacked the wrong person. Dragged the Collector down here for nothing.
- Luz: Does that make us as bad as Belos?
- Titan: [chuckles] What? Have you been drinking Eda's homemade Apple Blood?
- Luz: Well, Belos says he's trying to save humanity, and we're saying we want to save our families, so isn't that the same thing? Don't—Don't these feelings come from the same place?
- Titan: Well, you assume Belos's goal comes from a genuine place. But that man doesn't care about about anything but his need to be the hero in his own delusion. And because of that, he fears what he can't control.
- Luz: And now that fear is going to win.
- Titan: [notices Belos' corruption spreading across his chest] Ah, dang... I thought I had more time left. But Belos will have full control soon. You ready to stop him?
- Luz: What? What can I do?
- Titan: You've already helped King so much - so let me use my last bit of life to help you. [extends his hand, with various glyphs appearing on it]
- Luz: Are you sure you wanna give this power to me?
- Titan: Well, you're the one here, and you seem like a good witch. But I can't give you anything unless you choose to accept it. So the question is... will you choose yourself? [Luz takes his hand, and a golden orb surrounds her] Now, Belos will be able to control everything, so you have to defeat him fast.
- Luz: But--
- Titan: And my power won't last forever, so use your time wisely.
- Luz: Oh, but what about--
- Titan: Eda the Owl Lady? [salutes] Send her my regards! Big fan!
- Luz: [grabbing his claw] No, King! What about King? Don't you wanna say something to him? [the Titan thinks for a moment, then whispers something in her ear; she chuckles and sheds a tear] Oh... he'll love that. [she sees the Titan's spirit form replaced by his larger, skeletal body, which sinks and disappears into the water]
- Titan: Goodbye, Luz.
- Belos: You can't defeat me!
- Luz: [grinning] Do not underestimate me, Belos... for I am the good witch Luz! Child of the Human Realm, student of the Demon Realm, and warrior of peace! NOW EAT THIS, SUCKA!!!!! [rips him out of the Titan's heart]
- [After Luz, empowered by the Titan's magic, rips Belos out of the Titan's heart, stopping him from destroying the Boiling Isles, he reassumes his appearance as the younger Philip Wittebane.]
- Belos: [as Philip] Luz... Luz, I'm... I'm free! Thank goodness you saved me from... from that horrible curse!
- [Luz silently glares at him in disgust, clearly not believing him. A storm starts to brew around them.]
- Belos: [as Philip] Yes, I-I was cursed with a terrible, terrible sickness, by... by dark magic, just like your mentor. It forced me to do all those horrible things, but... but now I'm free!
- [Boiling rain starts to fall, and it begins to dissolve away his glamour]
- Belos: [as Philip, panicking and crawling towards her] AAH! Qui-Quickly, now! Don't-- Don't you want to make peace, Luz?!
- [Luz is still unfazed, the boiling rain clearly not affecting her. Belos is reduced to his deteriorating skeletal form.]
- Belos: [hatefully] Don't just stand there! [groans in pain and keeps crawling towards her] You'll be just as bad, just as conniving, just as evil, and just as unforgivable as those WITCHES! [grabs her leg] We're human! WE'RE BETTER THAN THIS!
- [Luz steps back without a word. Eda, King and Raine step in front of her, protected by a leaf Raine has conjured, and look down at Belos with anger.]
- Eda: Well, we ain't!
- [They stamp repeatedly on what remains of Belos, finally killing him for good. The weather clears around them.]
- Raine: That was... extremely satisfying.
- King: Ew, it's on my claws!
- TV stubs
- 2020s American animated TV shows
- Traditionally animated TV shows
- American children's animated comedy TV shows
- American children's animated adventure TV shows
- American children's animated fantasy TV shows
- Anime-influenced Western animated TV shows
- LGBT-related animated TV shows
- Disney Channel shows
- Television series by Disney Television Animation
- Cancelled shows