The Pebble and the Penguin
The Pebble and the Penguin is a 1995 animated musical family comedy film, based on the true life mating rituals of the Adelie Penguins in Antarctica, produced and directed by Don Bluth and Gary Goldman. The Film was released to theatres on April 11, 1995 by Metro-Golden-Myer in the United States and internationally by Warner Bros. Family Entertainment. The film features the voices of Martin Short as Hubie, Annie Golden as Marina, James Belushi as Rocko and Tim Curry as Drake.
- Hubie: Goodness Glaciers!
- Hubie: Hey Rocko, I guess this means we put our differences on ice. [(laughs)] Get it, huh? "Put our differences on ice?"
- Hubie: [(wishing upon a star)] Star Light, Star Bright, The first star I see tonight; I wish I may, I wish I might, Have the wish I wish tonight.
- Hubie: Rocko, there's something you should know. Waldo...Waldo isn't real [(Rocko's face is shocked)] I needed to you to show me the way home. I didn't think you'll do it if I asked. So... So I made up stories about a make-believe-guy named Waldo. [(Rocko is angry and punch his fist together)] Well, say something.
- Rocko: You're either the greatest romantic hero of all time... or you're the stupidiest penguin who's ever lived!
- Rocko: I'm flyin!
- Rocko: [(escapes from the Leopard Seal)] You idiot! You almost got me killed! What's a matter of you? You risked your landing and give that chick with your blasted pebble. You're crzy! You're insane! YOU'RE AMAZING!
- Rocko: You're wrong! You are dead wrong! Our ancestors flew! They gave us wings when we can't fly?! I mean, I mean whose idea of a cruel joke of this?
- Rocko: I'll give it three days tops and you'll be in the belly of anything from the killer whale, to the sardine.
- Marina: But don't you know? It's not the pebble, it's the penguin. I love you even more.
- Marina: Drake, I wouldn't marry you if you were the last penguin of earth!
- Marina: Hubie!
- Pola: Marina, Hubie is gone. Face it. Foreget him.
- Priscilla: Why don't you just marry Drake?
- Marina: No, Priscilla. I think Hubie is still out there somewhere. And he'll come home right on time for the Full Moon Mating ceromony.
- Pola: Are you saying you wanna marry him?
- Marina: I do.
- Priscilla: How could you possibly choose a wimp like Hubie, over a hunk like Drake.
- Marina: Hubie is a sweetheart. He's generous, and kind... He's always thoughtful of others...
- Drake: So, Marina. When shall I announce our engagement? Today? Tommorrow? Wednesday?
- Drake: [(his last words before his death)] Say your prayers, you fools!
- Drake: [(bullies Hubie)] Wake up and smell the seaweed, you little fool! Nobody's gonna marry a loser like you. Now give me that stupid pebble!
- Drake: So, Nerd. I hear you wanna be a big ladies' man. [(Hubie nods)] Marina is mine.
- Drake: Marina doesn't know about that yet. But she'll be my wife! Our children will be the strongest, the smartest, the bravest... not to mention the best-looking. Why, they'll be just like me! [(evil laughs, then his servants join in. But he growls at them to stop)] I'm telling ya, boys. Marina is good as mine!
- Timmy: Hi, Hubie. Tell us a story.
- Petra: Yes, a love story.
- Beany: Oh, that's mushy stuff!
- Petra: Oh, really?
- Hubie: Well, once there was a penguin, who fell in love with the most beautiful girl penguin.
- Petra: Did she love you back?
- Hubie: They never even met. You see, he was... penguinly shy. Well one day, [(cross his fingers behind his back)] he just swammed up to her and said "Hello, Marina, I'm Hubie and I think you're fabalous!"
- [Hubie, Timmy and Petra laughing]
- Hubie: [(sign)] Who am I kidding? I never even talked to the girl.
- Petra: Marina's gone!
- Beany: She ran away!
- Petra: No, Drake kidnapped her! Hurry up!
- Beany: He can't force her to marry him!
- Petra: I know, but he'll try!
- Timmy: I wish Hubie was here!
- Marina: The answer is NO!
- Drake: No?! NO?! Oh, right. I get it. You're joking. [(chuckles evily)]
- Hubie: Don't you see? It's my fate, Rocko! I'm destined to marry Marina. It's under the stars.
- Rocko: [(mocking Hubie in a high tone)] "I'm destined to marry Marina. It's under the stars." Yap, yap, yap, yap! Why won't you get that thing fixed, huh?!
- Hubie: Oh, I'm sorry. I guess nobody likes a blabber-mouth, right?
- Rocko: No, you think?
- Hubie: You know what you need; you need a dream.
- Rocko: I got one.
- Hubie: What is it?
- Rocko: I'm not sure I can tell you.
- Hubie: Your secret is safe with me.
- Rocko: I don't even know you!
- Hubie: I won't laugh.
- Rocko: Forget it!
- Hubie: It doesn't matter how silly it is.
- Rocko: Get away!
- Marina: Sometimes I close my eyes, And say a prayer, That finally today will be the day, I watch the far horizon, no one's there, But somewhere you are safe and on your way, Oh, Hubie... Sometimes I wonder if you're still alive, How could you survive such a dangerous world out there? Beware my love, Take care, my love, take care.
- Hubie: Hey Rocko! What do you call a flower before it opens?
- Rocko: What?
- Hubie: What do you call a flower before it opens?
- Rocko: A bud.
- Hubie: I love it when you call me bud!
- Rocko: [Groans]