The Phantom of the Opera is a 1990 film about a disfigured man that seeks to help a young singer.
- Directed by Tony Richardson. Written by Arthur Kopit, based on the novel by Gaston Leroux.
- Gerard Carriere: She was just unprepared for you.
- Erik: She was unprepared for ugliness. And for that brief, sweet moment, so was I.
- Gerard Carriere: I'm your father.
- Erik: I wondered when you'd say. You see, my eyes are the only part of my face I can look at in a mirror without wishing to break the glass. But they're not her eyes. They're yours.