The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall is a 2011 film about a disfigured musical genius, hidden away in the Paris Opera House, who terrorizes the opera company.
- Directed by Nick Morris. Written by Charles Hart, Richard Stilgoe and Andrew Lloyd Webber, based on the 1986 musical based on the novel by Gaston Leroux.
In Celebration of 25 Years (taglines)
- [singing] You will curse the day you did not do all that The Phantom asked of you!
- So it is to be war between us! If these demands are not met, a disaster beyond all imagination will occur!
- Auctioneer: Lot 666, then. A chandelier in pieces. Some of you may recall the strange affair of The Phantom of the Opera. A mystery never fully explained. We are told, ladies and gentlemen, that this is the very chandelier that figures in that famous disaster. Our workshops have restored it and fitted parts of it with wiring for the new electric light, so that we may get a hint of how it may look when re-assembled. Perhaps we may even frighten away the ghost of so many years ago with a little illumination. Gentleman!
- The Phantom: Did I not instruct that box five was to remain empty?
- Meg Giry: He's there! The Phantom of the Opera!
- Christine: It's him! I know it. It's him.
- Carlotta Guidicelli: [to Christine] Your part is silent! Little toad!
- The Phantom: A toad Madame? Perhaps it is you who are the toad.
- Raoul: [singing] I love her! Does that mean nothing? I love her. Show some compassion!
- The Phantom: The world showed no compassion to me!
- Christine: [singing] Say you'll share with me one love. One lifetime.
- Raoul: [singing] Say the word and I will follow you.
- Christine: [singing] Share each day with me each night. Each morning.
- The Phantom: [singing] You alone can make my song take flight. It's over now the music of the night!
- Christine: [singing] Have you gorged yourself at last in your lust for blood? Am I now to be prey to your lust for revenge?
- The Phantom: [singing] This face which condemns me to wallow in blood has also denied me the joys of the flesh. This face the infection which poisons our love. This face which earned a mother's fear and loathing. A mask, my first unfeeling scrap of clothing. Pity comes too late! Turn around and face your fate! An eternity of *this* before your eyes.
- Christine: [singing] This haunted face holds no horror for me now. It's in your soul that the true distortion lies.
- The Phantom: [singing] Monsieur, I bid you welcome. Did you think that I would harm her? Why should I make her pay for the sins which are yours?
- [He throws a rope around Raoul's neck and begins laughing]
- Christine: No! Raoul!
- The Phantom: [singing] Order your fine horses now. Raise up your hand to level of your eyes. Nothing can save you except perhaps Christine. [he sings to Christine] Start a new life with me. Buy his freedom with your love. Refuse me and you send your lover to his death. This is the choice! This is the point of no return!
- Raoul: [singing] I am your angel of music. Come to me angel of music. [speaking] Angel of darkness, cease this torment!
- The Phantom: [singing while Raoul speaks the next line] I am your angel of music! Come to me angel of music! I am your angel of music!
- Raoul: [while The Phantom sings the above] Christine! Christine! Listen to me. Whatever you may believe, this man, this-this thing is not your father! Let her go! For God's sake let her go! Christine!
- Christine: Raoul!
- [She snaps out of The Phantom's control]
- The Phantom: Bravo, Monsieur! Such spirited words!
- [He causes flames to shoot out at Christine and Raoul]
- Raoul: More tricks, Monsieur?
- The Phantom: Let's see, Monsieur, how far you dare go.
- [More flames]
- Raoul: More deception? More violence?
- The Phantom: That's right! That's right! Keep walking this way!
- Raoul: You can't win her love by making her your prisoner!
- The Phantom: [He continues to throw up more flames] I'm here. I'm here, Monsieur! The angel of death! Come on, come on. Don't stop! Don't stop! So be it. Now let there be war upon you both!
- [He disappears in a fireball]
- In Celebration of 25 Years
- Ramin Karimloo — The Phantom
- Sierra Boggess — Christine Daaé
- Hadley Fraser — Raoul, Vicomte de Chagny
- Wendy Ferguson — Carlotta Giudicelli
- Liz Robertson — Madame Giry
- Daisy Maywood — Meg Giry
- Barry James — Monsieur Richard Firmin
- Gareth Snook — Monsieur Gilles André
- Wynne Evans — Ubaldo Piangi
- Nick Holder — Joseph Buquet
- Earl Carpenter — Auctioneer