The Philadelphia Experiment (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Stewart Raffill. Written by William Gray, based on the 1979 novel The Philadelphia Experiment: Project Invisibility by Charles Berlitz and William L. Moore.
An adventure beyond time. (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- This now, this time, it's not ours. We weren't here when it happened. The experiment took place on a ship in a Philadelphia harbor. It was - 1943, October. Does this sound... crazy? You know, or is this sort of thing possible now?
- You know, I got it all figured out... Navy owes me 40 years back pay.
- Sheriff Bates: We've all got problems, honey. But we don't solve 'em with guns.
- Jim Parker: Isn't that - water up ahead?
- David Herdeg: No. This is a desert. And that's a mirage.
- Jim Parker: [later, walking through the flooded plain] How much longer you think this mirage is gonna last?
- David Herdeg: [sees Ronald Reagan giving a speech on television] Hey, I know this guy. Is this another movie?
- Allison Hayes: [smiles] No, David, it's not another movie.
- Major Clark: So, what did you think of 1984?
- David Herdeg: Television was great.
- Major Clark: You didn't see enough of it.
- Allison Hayes: Why'd you join the Navy?
- David Herdeg: You know the old saying: girl in every port.
- An adventure beyond time.
- The experiment that should never have happened 41 years ago... Is still going on.
- Michael Paré — David Herdeg
- Nancy Allen — Allison Hayes
- Eric Christmas — Dr. James Longstreet
- Bobby Di Cicco — Jim Parker
- Louise Latham — Pamela
- Stephen Tobolowsky — Barney
- Ralph Manza — Older Jim
- Kene Holliday — Major Clark
- Joe Dorsey — Sheriff Bates
- Michael Currie — Magnussen