The Punisher (2005 Video Game)
The Punisher is a 2005 action game which stars the Marvel Comics antihero, The Punisher. After his family was murdered by the mafia, Frank Castle devoted his life to the punishment of criminals. Players take control of the vigilante hero to track down criminals and kill them. The game's story is a loose mixture of the 2004 film, as well as the 2000 mini-series, Welcome Back, Frank.
- Frank: [During the opening movie before the Crackhouse] New York City. Forget the things you've heard about the place. About the "New" New York. Hell's Kitchen is called Clinton. Park... Full of tourists. But it's not real. The old New York is waiting just below the surface. There's nothing to help you when the darkness falls. You're laid open so the world can rummage in your guts. Just because the mayor chased away the monsters, chased them to Brooklyn and the Bronx, don't think this place has changed. Not in it's heart. Not where it lives. Do not fall in New York City. No one's gonna catch you.
- Detective Soap: It's just like Ulysses fighting that lion in Roman legend: cut off one head, and two more appear!
- Molly: Soap, that's Hercules fighting the Hydra, and it's a Greek legend.
- Detective Soap: Yeah, whatever, it's still a good metaphor.
- Frank: Analogy.
- Detective Soap: Whatever!
- Mortician: All this blood, I'll never get it from between the floorboards.
- [he sees the Punisher]
- Mortician: It's you! The Punisher! Don't shoot! I'm the mortician, I own this establishment. I'd like to thank you for everything you've done for me these past few years. Your handiwork has put my three kids through college! Well, I suppose you have more people to punish.