The Rapture (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Rapture is a 1991 American psychological/religious drama film starring Mimi Rogers as Sharon, a young Los Angeles libertine who eventually finds God only to regret her conversion.
- Written and directed by Michael Tolkin.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Sharon, it's just a drug. You're in pain, instead of doing heroin, you're doing God.
- Sharon, don't you understand what's going on? The world's a disaster. We have no power to make it better. You hate your job; you hate your life; but you want to feel special. Instead of letting me do that, you're rushing off to something that's not even there.
- Vic: You fell in love!
- Sharon: Yes.
- Vic: Wait 'til he finds out about you.
- Sharon: Oh, he knows all about me.
- Vic: Is he as bad a boy as I am?
- Sharon: I think you should meet him.
- Vic: You told him about me?
- Sharon: I told you. He knows everything.
- Vic: He's rich, right, he's some rich guy and you fell for some line of his.
- Sharon: You could love him too, Vic.
- Vic: You fell for some rich homosexual!
- [doubles up laughing]
- Sharon: He's the Lord Jesus Christ, Vic. He's the Son of God.