The Rocketeer (film)
The Rocketeer is a 1991 period adventure film produced by Walt Disney Pictures and based on the character of the same name created by comic book writer/artist Dave Stevens. Directed by Joe Johnston, the film stars Billy Campbell, Jennifer Connelly, Alan Arkin, Timothy Dalton, Paul Sorvino and Tiny Ron Taylor.
The film was released on June 21, 1991 and bombed at the box office, but received generally favorable reviews from critics.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Neville Sinclair: "I'll miss Hollywood." (Set up as an ironic statement as the inferno that once was Sinclair crashes into the "Hollywoodland" sign, destroying the last section and leaving it as "Hollywood" the way it is today.)
- Jenny Blake: "Everything about you is a lie."
- Neville Sinclair: "It wasn't lies, Jenny. It was acting." (The character of Neville Sinclair was broadly based on screen idol Errol Flynn who had been widely rumored to be a Nazi sympathizer. Timothy Dalton played up the role in a campy take on Flynn's "swashbuckling" acting style)
- Jenny Blake: "Neville Sinclair is a-"
- Neville Sinclair: "A what? Spy? Saboteur? Fascist? All of the above."
- Cliff Secord: (Donning the Rocketeer's helmet) "How do I look?"
- "Peevy" Peabody: "Like a hood ornament."
- The Rocketeer (1991) Quotes