The Secret (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Secret (2006) is a feature length film produced by Prime Time Productions. The film is comprised of a series of interviews and dramatizations, related to the concept of the "The Law of Attraction".
The Secret has traveled through centuries ...to reach you. (taglines)
- What we think about and thank about, we bring about.
- Dr. John DeMartini
- When you're visualizing, when you've got that picture playing out in your mind, always and only dwell upon the end result.
- Mike Dooley
- So we are the creators, not only of our own destiny but ultimately we are the creators of universal destiny, we are the creators of the universe.
- The law of attraction is really obedience. When you think of the things that you want, and you focus on them with all of your intention, the law of attraction will give you what you want, every time.
- Lisa Nichols
- The universe ...is [like] a grand Genii [which] traditions have called with so many names like the holy guardian angel, your higher self ... [and it] says only one thing : "your wish is my command".
- James Arthur Ray
- Learn to become still and take your attention away from what you don't want and all the emotional charge around it and place the attention on what you wish to experience.
- Rev. Michael Beckwith
2006 book based on the film
- Thoughts are magnetic, and thoughts have a frequency. As you think, those thoughts are sent out into the Universe, and they magnetically attract all like things that are on the same frequency. Everything sent out returns to the source. And that source is You.
- p. 10
- The only reason why people do not have what they want is because they are thinking more about what they don't want than what they do want. Listen to your thoughts, and listen to the words you are saying. The law is absolute and there are no mistakes.
- p. 12
- Food cannot cause you to put on weight, unless you think it can.
- p. 59
- The only reason any person does not have enough money is because they are blocking money from coming to them with their thoughts.
- p. 100
- You cannot "catch" anything unless you think you can, and thinking you can is inviting it to you with your thought. You are also inviting illness if you are listening to people talking about their illness. As you listen, you are giving all your thought and focus to illness, and when you give all of your thought to something, you are asking for it.
- p. 132
About The Secret
- In The Secret, a slickly produced cult-hit DVD that has sold approximately 500,000 copies since its release last April, a dizzying dream team of personal transformation specialists, spiritual messengers, feng shui masters, and moneymaking experts explain the "law of attraction," which basically states that if you think really, really hard, say, about vigorously cavorting with Salma Hayek on a soft, fluffy bed of Google Series A preferred stock, you will emit a magnetic signal to the universe that will make your vision a reality.
- "Yo if you think you peaked in high school, fear not homeslice, the Law of Attraction has your back. All the social circle you had then the success the confidence, they can be yours with the power of ur mind. Create a vision of what u seek, what would make urself in high school proud, and move toward that vision every day in some way. Journal and meditate and you are a few months, or even weeks, away from moving toward ur intentions. The Universe be with you dawg."
- Swell, MC (10 December 2018), Why Rutland Rhymes Records has a library of Law of Attraction books anyone in the studio can use (Interview)
- At this point I should add that The Secret is not only drivel—it's pernicious drivel. The obvious question that arises from its claim that it's easy to get what you want, is: Why do so many people get what they don't want? As Byrne writes, "Imperfect thoughts are the cause of all humanity's ills, including disease, poverty, and unhappiness." Yes, according to The Secret, people don't just randomly end up being massacred, for example. They are in the wrong place because of their own lousy thinking. Cancer patients have long been victims of this school of belief. But The Secret takes it to a new and more repulsive level with its advice not just to blame people for their illness, but to shun them, lest you start being infected by their bummer thoughts, too.
- The Secret has traveled through centuries ...to reach you.