The Shape of Water (film)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Military Police: Their only concern is the asset.
- Strickland: The Soviets want it.
- Military Police: Do you have it?
- Strickland: Sir, I'm getting it back.
[Talking about the Asset and wanting to help]
- Giles: It's not even human.
- Elisa: [in sign language] If we do nothing neither are we.
- Giles: If I told you about her, the princess without voice, what would I say?
- Giles: [interpreting Elisa] When he looks at me, he does not know - how - I am incomplete. He sees me... as I am.
- Giles: Get him out? What are you talking about? No!
- Giles: [interpreting Elisa] I can either save him, or let him die.
- Giles: He's a wild creature. We can't ask him to be anything else.
- Giles: [repeated line] This is some of my best work.
- Giles: [to Elisa] Whatever this thing is, you need it.
- Giles: If I told you about her, what would I say? I wonder.
How Guillermo del Toro's 'Black Lagoon' Fantasy Inspired 'Shape of Water' (November 3, 2017)
- The creature was the most beautiful design I'd ever seen, and I saw him swimming under Julie Adams, and I loved that the creature was in love with her, and I felt an almost existential desire for them to end up together. Of course, it didn't happen.
- When I was in my 30s, I went to Universal and I said, "Can we do the movie from the point of view of the creature?" They didn't go for it. I said, "I think they should end up together." They didn't go for that, either.
- It's not the creature, I don't think that creature is designed in a way that he can be a romantic lead. It's beautiful, but it's not a romantic lead.
- Sally Hawkins — Elisa Esposito
- Michael Shannon — Colonel Richard Strickland
- Richard Jenkins — Giles
- Octavia Spencer — Zelda Fuller
- Doug Jones — The Asset