The Shape of Water (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Military Police: Their only concern is the asset.
- Strickland: The Soviets want it.
- Military Police: Do you have it?
- Strickland: Sir, I'm getting it back.
[Talking about the Asset and wanting to help]
- Giles: It's not even human.
- Elisa: [in sign language] If we do nothing neither are we.
- If I told you about her, the princess without voice, what would I say?
- [interpreting Elisa] When he looks at me, he does not know - how - I am incomplete. He sees me... as I am.
- Get him out? What are you talking about? No!
- [interpreting Elisa] I can either save him, or let him die.
- He's a wild creature. We can't ask him to be anything else.
- [repeated line] This is some of my best work.
- [to Elisa] Whatever this thing is, you need it.
- But when I think of her, of Elisa, the only thing that comes to mind is a poem, whispered by someone in love hundreds of years ago. Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.
How Guillermo del Toro's 'Black Lagoon' Fantasy Inspired 'Shape of Water' (November 3, 2017)
- The creature was the most beautiful design I'd ever seen, and I saw him swimming under Julie Adams, and I loved that the creature was in love with her, and I felt an almost existential desire for them to end up together. Of course, it didn't happen.
- When I was in my 30s, I went to Universal and I said, "Can we do the movie from the point of view of the creature?" They didn't go for it. I said, "I think they should end up together." They didn't go for that, either.
- It's not the creature, I don't think that creature is designed in a way that he can be a romantic lead. It's beautiful, but it's not a romantic lead.
- Sally Hawkins — Elisa Esposito
- Michael Shannon — Colonel Richard Strickland
- Richard Jenkins — Giles
- Octavia Spencer — Zelda Fuller
- Doug Jones — The Asset