The Spectacular Now
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by James Ponsoldt. Written by Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber, based on the novel by Tim Tharp.
- The best thing about now, is that there's another one tomorrow.
- Compared to other kids, I haven't had that many hardships... not really. Shit's... Stuff's happened, sure, but stuff always happens right? But the real challenge of my life, the real hardship is me. It's always been me.
- P.S. - I don't know if this was due a long time ago. Probably was. That's fine. It may be too late for this essay. But it's not too late for me.
- You think beauty's in some classroom or some textbook, and it's not. That's not what it's about. This right here. This is beautiful. All of this. That's all you need.
- Once you've actually talked to her, you see who she is.
- I liked her... a lot.
- I like to think there's more to a person than just one thing.
- Cassidy: [to Sutter] You'll always be my favorite ex-boyfriend.
- Sutter: You're such a good listener.
- Aimee: No.
- Sutter: Um, alright. You go.
- Aimee: I remember, um, I think it was sophomore year, you came to gym class and you were wearing the mascot head and you refused to take it off. Yeah. [laughs]
- Sutter: [laughs] Yeah it was funny. [laughs] Yeah, no, I mean, like, uh, what's a story about you?
- Aimee: About me? Um, I don't really have any stories.
- Sutter: What do you mean? Everyone's got a story.
- Aimee: Not me, I guess.
- Aimee: I'm sorry, I don't know how to dance like Cassidy.
- Sutter: Hey. You dance like Aimee and that's perfect.
- Sutter: I almost just killed you and you wanna know if I'm okay?
- Aimee: Yeah, I wanna make sure that you're okay.
- Sutter: What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you not see that I'm bad for you?
- Dan: If I was your father, this is where i might give you a lecture or something, you know, about what you're doing to yourself.
- Sutter: You know what Dan, if you were my Dad, you wouldn't have to.
- Cassidy: But you can't go around having fun all the time. You have to be serious.
- Sutter: I am serious. I'm one hundred percent serious!
- Cassidy: About what?
- Sutter: About... not being serious!
- Miles Teller - Sutter Keely
- Shailene Woodley - Aimee Finecky
- Brie Larson - Cassidy
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Holly Keely
- Jennifer Jason Leigh - Sara Keely
- Kyle Chandler - Tommy Keely
- Dayo Okeniyi - Marcus
- Andre Royo - Mr. Aster
- Bob Odenkirk - Dan
- Kaitlyn Dever - Krystal
- Masam Holden - Ricky
- Gary Weeks - Joe
- Whitney Goin - Mrs. Finecky
- Nicci Faires - Tara