The Stepfather (2009 film)
- See also: The Stepfather (1987 film)
The Stepfather is a 2009 American thriller film. When Michael Harding returns home from military school, he finds his mom is madly in love with her charming live-in boyfriend David At first, David appears to be the ultimate nice guy and an ideal future husband and stepfather. But when Michael and his girlfriend tart delving into David’s past, They discover his deep darkest secret. The film is loosely based on the crimes of John List and it is a remake of the 1987 thriller film of the same name.
- David Harris: I would like to propose a toast. First of all, I would like to thank Susan, Sean, and Beth who in a very short time have taken me in and made me feel at home. This is a dream come true for me. And, to Michael, your return makes us complete. Family is the most important thing, without it we have nothing. Welcome home, Michael!
- Susan Harding: David wants to have a church wedding.
- Jackie Kerns: Oh that's great, what church. I mean, do you even know what religion he is?
- Susan Harding: I don't care what goddamn religion he is!
- Susan Harding: Where's the coed girlfriend?
- Jay Harding: That's over. Actually she was working for a Ph.D. She wasn't that much younger than you were, just took a little better care of herself.
- David Harris: [about news story] That kind of thing really gets to me, that someone could do that to her own children.
- Michael Harding: It does make you wonder, though, what takes to make someone do something so sick.
- Susan Harding: Change the conversation, please.
- David Harris: [under his breath] Maybe they disappointed her.
- Chris Ames: That's okay. You know what they say, boys will be boys.
- Julie King: Do you have any children?
- Chris Ames: I lost my wife and daughter in a car accident.
- Julie King: I'm sorry.
- Chris Ames: No, that's okay. It's been nearly a year now. I kind of know what you're going through.
- Julie King: I lost my husband two years ago. I know it's hard sometimes, but it does get easier. I hope so.
- Chris Ames: Hey, I'm Chris Ames.
- Julie King: I'm Julie King. Nice to meet you.
- Chris Ames: Well, it's nice to meet you.
- This fall Daddy's home.
- This fall, do you know who your family is?
- Daddy's home.
- Dylan Walsh - David Harris, Susan’s 2nd husband (Michael, Beth & Sean’s evil stepfather)
- Sela Ward - Susan Harding (Michael, Beth & Sean’s mother)
- Penn Badgley - Michael Harding
- Amber Heard - Kelly Porter
- Sherry Stringfield - Leah
- Paige Turco - Jackie Kerns
- Jon Tenney - Jay
- Nancy Linehan Charles - Mrs. Cutter
- Marcuis Harris - Detective Shay
- Braeden Lemasters - Sean Harding
- Deirdre Lovejoy - Detective Tylar
- Skyler Samuels - Beth Harding
The Harding-Harris Family
- Susan (wife)
- Michael (step-son)
- Beth (step-daughter)
- Sean (step-son)