The Strange Woman
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Edgar G. Ulmer. Written by Hunt Stromberg, based on the 1941 novel by Ben Ames Williams.
There are TWO Jenny Hagers... Innocent... Evil! (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I wanted so many things. I wanted the whole world, but... it was really only you!
- Lena Tempest: Honey, listen, with your looks you don't have to worry. You can get the youngest and best-looking man on the pier.
- Jenny Hager: I don't want the youngest. I want the richest.
- Jenny Hager: But... the rain. You know what happens to the roads in the rain.
- John Evered: Yes, they get very muddy, but they don't change the direction.
- Jenny Hager: Your mother must be a wonderful woman. I hope that someday you'll say that I'm just like her.
- John Evered: That won't be easy. Mother had nine boys.
- Jenny Hager: Why does everything frighten you? You're going to make me very angry. And if I get angry and go on wanting you, I might tell him what happened between us.
- Ephraim Poster: Nothing's happened between us.
- Jenny Hager: No, but which of us will he believe?
- There are TWO Jenny Hagers... Innocent... Evil!
- So shocking she could only be spoken about in whispers!
- "There was something in Jenny Hager that many men sensed...and it set men burning..."
- Hedy Lamarr — Jenny Hager
- George Sanders — John Evered
- Louis Hayward — Ephraim Poster
- Gene Lockhart — Isaiah Poster
- Hillary Brooke — Meg Saladine
- Rhys Williams — Deacon Adams
- June Storey — Lena Tempest
- Moroni Olsen — Rev. Thatcher
- Olive Blakeney — Mrs. Hollis
- Kathleen Lockhart — Mrs. Partridge
- Alan Napier — Judge Henry Saladine
- Dennis Hoey — Tim Hager