The Sweetest Thing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
They're not as sweet as they look!Tagline
- Don't go looking for Mr. Right. Look for Mr. Right Now. And eventually, if he's worthy, then one day that "now" part is just going to drop away.. naturally. You know.
- Christina: And what if Jane is the girl of your dreams, and you'll never know.
- Peter: That is the sweetest thing. I never thought I'd meet the girl of my dreams by having somebody grab me in a bar and say, "Hey, you, man, I have good woman for you. She is very hot and sweet. She is there. Jane, you dance for the man!"
- Christina: If I'm bah-jiggity about this guy Peter, it's only because you're telling me I am.
- Courtney: Oh, my God.
- Christina: What?
- Courtney: You've named the puppy.
- Gramps: Should have poked her in the whiskers when you had the chance.
- Roger: What's that, Gramps?
- Gramps: I met this hot young dish at the World's Fair back in 1940. Every moment with her was like a slice of heaven.
- Peter: I bet you really miss Grandma, huh?
- Gramps: Ah, fuck Grandma.
- Christina: I'm such an idiot.
- Courtney: No, you're not.
- Christina: I meet a guy for two minutes and I'm chasing after him like he's something special.
- Courtney: Well, maybe you want someone special for once, you know? Maybe you were thinkin' that you were tired of the game.
- Christina: You tired of the game?
- Courtney: Yep.
- Peter: I'd be careful with those fat-free chips. They cause anal leakage.
- Roger: You cause anal leakage.
- Christina: I did come to your wedding because I wanted to see you again. Because the feeling is mutual, and you'd better be a really good kisser. [Christina and Peter kiss.] Wow. That was weak.
- Peter: Weak?
- Christina: It's okay. You can try again.
- Cameron Diaz - Christina Walters
- Christina Applegate - Courtney Rockcliffe
- Selma Blair - Jane Burns
- Thomas Jane - Peter Donahue
- Frank Grillo - Andy
- Jason Bateman - Roger Donahue
- Eddie McClintock - Michael
- Lillian Adams - Aunt Frida
- James Mangold - Dr. Greg
- Johnny Messner as Todd
- Parker Posey - Judy Webb
- Georgia Engel - Vera
- Johnathon Schaech - Leather Coat Guy (uncredited)
- Love Jones - Wedding Band