The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- [First lines] The film which you are about to see is an account of the tragedy which befell a group of five youths, in particular Sally Hardesty and her invalid brother, Franklin. It is all the more tragic in that they were young. But, had they lived very, very long lives, they could not have expected nor would they have wished to see as much of the mad and macabre as they were to see that day. For them an idyllic summer afternoon drive became a nightmare. The events of that day were to lead to the discovery of one of the most bizarre crimes in the annals of American history, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
- Have you been doing those Reader's Digest ‘Word-Power’ columns again?
- Kirk: So, where you heading, man?
- Hitchhiker: South.
- Franklin: You work at that place? The slaughter house?
- Hitchhiker: Uh... no.
- Sally: How'd you get stuck way out here?
- Hitchhiker: I was at the slaughter house.
- Franklin: I got an uncle who works in a slaughter house.
- Hitchhiker: I used to work there. My brother did too. My grandfather too. My family's always been in meat!
- Franklin: [Quietly to Sally] A whole family of Draculas!
- Pam: Hey, listen to Franklin's horoscope. “Travel in the country, long–range plans, and upsetting persons around you, could make this a disturbing and unpredictable day. The events in the world are not doing much either to cheer one up”
- Jerry: That's just perfect. And now read Sally's.
- Pam: [reading from the American Astrology book] Oh, no. Capricorn's ruled by Saturn. “There are moments when we cannot believe that what is happening is really true. Pinch yourself and you may find out that it is.”
- Jerry: Hi, Mister. Would you fill'er up, please?
- Old Man: I got no gas.
- Kirk: What? You're all out of gas?
- Old Man: My tank's empty! Transport wouldn't be here until late this afternoon. Maybe not even 'til tomorrow morning.
- Franklin: Hey, do you know where the old Franklin place is?
- Old Man: The old Franklin place?
- Franklin: Yeah, it's an old two-story rock house that sitting up on a hill. I thought it might be back on that road someplace, but I'm not really sure.
- Old Man: Uh... yeah, maybe I've seen something like that up that way. Well now look, you boys don't want to go messin' around some old house. You're liable to get hurt. You don't want to go fooling around other folk's property. Some folks don't like it, they don't mine showing you.
- Franklin: That guy cut the hell outta himself. D'you think you could do that to yourself?
- Kirk: I'm not crazy
- Franklin: Yeah, it takes something though; I mean just to do that to yourself; God
- Who will survive and what will be left of them?
- Can you survive... It happened.
- What happened is true. Now the motion picture that's just as real.
- Once you stop screaming, then you'll start talking about it.
- America's Most Bizarre and Brutal Crimes!
- Marilyn Burns — Sally Hardesty
- Gunnar Hansen — Leatherface
- Edwin Neal — Hitchhiker
- Allen Danziger — Jerry
- Paul A. Partain — Franklin Hardesty
- Jim Siedow — Old Man
- Teri McMinn — Pam