The Tick (1994 TV series)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Tick is 1994 animated television series based on the comedic superhero comic of the same name created by Ben Edlund in 1986.
The Tick vs. The Idea Men [1.1]
- Arthur: I think I'm going crazy.
- The Tick: You're not going crazy, Arthur. You're going sane in a crazy world!
The Tick vs. Chairface Chippendale [1.2]
- Chairface: I haven't always had friends like you, because I was born...different. Because I didn't fit in, society shunned me. All my life, the world's tried to forget my face, but after tonight, they will never forget my name!
- The Tick: The party's over, Chairface! Give up, or we'll write this place off the face of the Earth!
- Chairface: [anticlimactically] Okay.
The Tick vs. Dinosaur Neil [1.3]
- Arthur: This cake is delicious, Dot. What is it?
- Dot: Chocolate.
The Tick vs. Mr. Mental [1.4]
- Mr. Mental: You know what I miss? I miss the old days, when I'd think up a sinister scheme for world domination and you'd show a little emotional support.
- Mr. Mental: Don't mess with me, fool! I'm cooking with gas!
The Tick vs. The Breadmaster [1.5]
- [Stuart's store has been destroyed by the Breadmaster]
- Arthur: It must be quite a shock!
- Stuart: I'll say, I don't have bread insurance.
- The Tick: Don't despair, Stuart. You can rebuild! Here! Start with these. Cottony swabs.
The Tick vs. El Seed [1.6]
- Bee Twins: Hey, what kind of corn soldiers are you?
- Arthur: Uh... We're colonels [kernels]!
The Tick vs. The Tick [1.7]
- Barry Hubris: Where's the jerk who calls himself the TICK?!
- The Tick: I am that jerk!
- The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight: And so he says to me, he says, “You want to be a baaaaad guy?!” and I say, “Yeah, baby! I want to be bad!” I says, “Surf's up, Space Ponies! I'm making gravy without the lumps!” Ah ha ha ha ha haaaaa!
- Big Shot: As everyone knows, I used to be a very violent person. I tried to resolve all of my problems with [twitches psychotically] GUNS! But I've been going to therapy and it's turned my life around.
- Arthur: What are you...doing?
- The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight: Hi! I just, uh, I just, uh, wanted to use, the, uh, – and so he says, “Evil's okay in my book! What about yours?!” And I go, “Yeah, baby, yeah! Yeah!” – I just wanted to, uh, wash my hands.
- Arthur: Oh, uh, okay. But why does your bag say "bombs" on it?
- The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight: Oh, that's just, uh – Boom, baby, boom! I'm the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight!
- Arthur: Oh great.
- The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight: Eat my smoke, copper! [laughs maniacally]
- Barry Hubris: Say uncle!
- The Tick: Okay. Uncle.
- Barry Hubris: No, no! You know, I mean renounce your name and call me the Tick!
- The Tick: You...are...Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry
The Tick vs. The Uncommon Cold [1.8]
- Thrakkorzog: Hey! What's happening here?
- Thrakkorzog's roommate: The little bunny guy was chafing himself on the ropes, so I loosened them up a bit.
- Thrakkorzog: You WHAT? He's a moth guy! And how many times do I have to say it? Don't touch my stuff! This is my side of the living room and that is your side of the living room! And must you drink milk straight out of the milk carton? It's DISGUSTING!
- [The Tick is trying to determine the real Arthur from an evil clone]
- Arthur: Remember that time my sister gave me that V neck sweater vest for my birthday and we tried to return it to the store and they'd only give me credit and I was so upset and then at lunch they put onions on my cheeseburger after I expressly asked the waitress not to. Do you remember that day, Tick?
- The Tick: Indeed I do. Now your turn.
- Arthur clone: I Arthur.
- The Tick: I can't argue with that.
- The Tick: It's your turn now, Thorace-bog.
- Thrakkorzog: It's Thrakkorzog. Thrakkorzog. With a K.
- The Tick: We're only serving humble pie, Whatchamazog.
- Thrakkorzog: For the last time, it's...
- The Tick: Thorax-and-a-bog. Four-yacks-and-a-dog.
- Thrakkorzog: No.
- The Tick: Ah, laxative-log.
- Thrakkorzog: No, no, no.
- The Tick: Sapsucker-frog.
- Thrakkorzog: Thrakkorzog!
- The Tick: Susan?
- Thrakkorzog: Now you're doing it on purpose. How juvenile.
The Tick vs. Brainchild [1.9]
- Brainchild: Dog! In the morning, you're gonna fetch me a microwave oven! The dimwits that manufactured it have no idea of its many evil settings.
The Tick vs. Pineapple Pokopo [1.10]
- Pineapple Air steward: Would anyone care for some complimentary tap water?
The Tick vs. The Mole-Men [1.11]
The Tick vs. The Proto-Clown [1.12]
- The Tick's Mind: Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiny objects.
- The Tick: Yeah, shiny objects are nice.
- [They have approached a giant statue called Tick's self-image]
- The Tick's Mind: This is our chance to delve deep into our psyche and find the immutable truth! You can only it one and only one question.
- The Tick: Okay okay, one question, check. [Clears throat] How ya doing?
- [Tick's self-image gives a thumbs up]
- The Tick's Mind: Oh great. That's your big question? That's your big truth? You goober!
- The Tick: Look, thumbs up! We're doing fine!
- The Tick's Mind: Tick, there's only one way out of this predicament. Tick, why are you here?
- The Tick: Wait, I know this one. Now, don't tell me...I'm here because...a big clown hit me!
- [He finally returns to reality]
The Tick vs. Arthur's Bank Account [1.13]
- The Tick: Step one: We must choose battle cries. You know, the cries we always emit just before leaping into battle.
- Arthur: Oh, you mean like, "Not in the face! Not in the face!"
- The Tick: Lacks force, chum. No, more like, more like... [He sees his reflection in the spoon] SPOON!
- Arthur: Get out! Get out of my apartment!
- The Tick: What?
- Arthur: Get out of my apartment! No, no...get out of my life!
The Little Wooden Boy and the Belly of Love [2.1]
Alone Together [2.2]
- [The Tick erased the C in the "CHA" on the moon, leaving only "HA"]
- American Maid: At least he got rid of the C.
Armless but Not Harmless [2.3]
Coach Fussell's Lament [2.4]
Leonardo da Vinci and His Fightin' Genius Time Commandos! [2.5]
Evil Sits Down for a Moment [2.7]
- Airplane Pilot: [The airplane approaches a fight on a flying carpet] And towards the front of the plane you might be able to make out five people in costumes having a fight with some dining room furniture.
Ants in Pants! [2.9]
The Tick Loves Santa! [2.10]
- Santa Claus: Merry Christmas! ... Spoon!
Tick vs. The Big Nothing [2.11]
Tick vs. Reno, Nevada [2.12]
Grandpa Wore Tights [2.13]
- The Living Doll: You can't catch me, I'm filled with tinier men!
That Mustache Feeling [3.1]
Tick vs. Dot and Neil's Wedding [3.2]
Sidekicks Don't Kiss [3.3]
Tick vs. Arthur [3.4]
Devil in Diapers [3.5]
Tick vs. Filth [3.6]
Tick vs. Europe [3.7]
Tick vs. Science [3.8]
- Dr. Mung Mung: Oh don't worry about Tongue Tongue he's just tasting you. On the other hand, don't resist, he can crush you quite easily. The tongue is the strongest organ in the human body. I'm Doctor Mung Mung.
- Dr. Mung Mung: Release the nice moth man Tongue Tongue; here is an individually wrapped slice of processed cheese.
- Chrome Dome: You're not mad scientists, you're a bunch of hippies!
- Chrome Dome: What good is science if no one gets hurt?
- Chrome Dome: WANNABES! All of you, spitpolishing your prosthetic limbs, and whitewashing your liverspots for this wretched back-patting, smarty-party! The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "hello my name is” badge. He STRIKES from below like a viper! Or on high like a PENNY, dropped from the tallest building around! He has only one purpose: do bad things, to good people, MIT SCIENCE!
Tick vs. Prehistory [3.9]
Tick vs. Education [3.10]
- Uncle Creamy: I'm not a villain. I'm vanilla.
- The Tick: SPOON!