Jump to navigation Jump to search
When the screen screams you'll scream too...if you value your life! (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Dr. Warren Chapin
- The tingler exists in every human being, we now know. Look at that tingler, Dave. It's an ugly and dangerous thing-ugly because it's the creation of man's fear; dangerous because... because a frightened man is dangerous.
- Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic! But SCREAM! Scream for your lives!
- Ladies and gentlemen, just a word of warning. If any of you are not convinced that you have a tingler of your own, the next time you're frightened in the dark... don't scream.
- William Castle: I am William Castle, the director of the motion picture you are about to see. I feel obligated to warn you that some of the sensations—some of the physical reactions which the actors on the screen will feel—will also be experienced, for the first time in motion picture history, by certain members of this audience. I say 'certain members' because some people are more sensitive to these mysterious electronic impulses than others. These unfortunate, sensitive people will at times feel a strange, tingling sensation; other people will feel it less strongly. But don't be alarmed—you can protect yourself. At any time you are conscious of a tingling sensation, you may obtain immediate relief by screaming. Don't be embarrassed about opening your mouth and letting rip with all you've got, because the person in the seat right next to you will probably be screaming too. And remember—a scream at the right time may save your life.
- Isabel Stevens Chapin: There's a word for you.
- Dr. Warren Chapin: There are several for you.
- Ollie Higgins: It isn't as though I'd taken out a pistol and shot her or taken a knife and stabbed her, is it doc?
- Dr. Warren Chapin: If you kill anybody deliberately, it's murder. No matter how you do it.
- Isabel Stevens Chapin: The only way Dave Morris will marry my sister is over my dead body.
- Dr. Warren Chapin: Unconventional but not impossible.
- Isabel Stevens Chapin: I'm tired, I think I'll go to bed.
- Dr. Warren Chapin: Stay up a bit, who knows? The next time you go to sleep it might be forever.
- Ollie Higgins: You gave me the idea, doc.
- Dr. Warren Chapin: Just because poisons exist, is no reason to use them.
- Isabel Stevens Chapin: I had nothing to do with my father's death, and you can't prove that I did.
- Dr. Warren Chapin: Would you like me to prove it isn't nonsense?
- Isabel Stevens Chapin: You can't prove it. Anyway there isn't anything to prove.
- Dr. Warren Chapin: But you wouldn't like me to try. And you should remember this, organic poisons are like old soldiers, they never die, they just lie smoldering in the grave, and I'm not bad at autopsies either.
- Dr. Warren Chapin: Either you give Lucy half of all the money you have and leave her alone, or you commit suicide right now.
- Isabel Stevens Chapin: Suicide? You mean murder.
- Dr. Warren Chapin: When I finish rearranging things, it'll look like suicide.
- Dr. Warren Chapin: I came because I was a bit worried about your wife, a shock like that can have bad after effects you know.
- Ollie Higgins: You know I've been worried about her too, she hasn't eaten hardly a thing and she can't sleep. Ever since she saw that blood, she just roams around the theater all night.
- When the screen screams you'll scream too...if you value your life!
- Fright-Filled SHOCK Thriller!
- Ghastly Beyond Belief!
- Amazing NEW TERROR Device Makes You A Living Participant in the FLESH-CRAWLING ACTION! PERCEPTO!
- In Screamarama
- Do you have the guts to sit in this chair?
- Can You Take PERCEPTO?
- BRING YOUR DATE AND WATCH HER TINGLE!
- SEE - The screen's first BLOOD BATH IN COLOR!
- Vincent Price — Dr. Warren Chapin
- Judith Evelyn — Mrs. Martha Ryerson Higgins
- Darryl Hickman — David Morris
- Isabel Stevens Chapin — Patricia Cutts
- Pamela Lincoln — Lucy Stevens
- Philip Coolidge — Oliver 'Ollie' Higgins