The Unholy Night
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Lionel Barrymore. Written by Ben Hecht, Dorothy Farnum, Edwin Justus Mayer, and Joseph Farnham.
Between darkness and dawn...strange figures, stranger events fill this enthralling thriller to overflowing! (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Lord 'Monte' Montague
- If this fellow had had his way with me I don't suppose I'd ever have had another brandy and soda. That's a dismal thought, isn't it?... You know it hadn't occurred to me before, but this brandy-and-soda business put it into my mind, that being dead must be rather like living in America, you know? It's a dry state.
- You see, our family never have ideas; that's why they're so successful in politics, I suppose.
- It was rather difficult navigating in the fog, you see. I remember thinking at the time that it was as thick as my creditors used to be before my uncle died... Yes. You know, I never began to live until my uncle died.
- I haven't led a blameless life, but I at least I've never given any woman cause to kill me - that is, no more cause than most men give most women.
- There may be some fellows around who don't think I'm an ornament to society, but then I've had that same idea about myself at times.
- Sir James Rumsey: I'm a teetotaler, thank you.
- Lord 'Monte' Montague: Oh, you shock me. And you've such a nice, kind face, too. When did you take the veil?
- Sir James Rumsey: Wasn't it you who screamed?
- Polly, the maid: I never scream unless a fella gets gay with me.
- All Talking Thrilling Mystery Marvel
- Between darkness and dawn...strange figures, stranger events fill this enthralling thriller to overflowing!
- Ernest Torrence — Dr. Richard Ballou
- Roland Young — Lord 'Monte' Montague
- Dorothy Sebastian — Lady Efra Cavender
- Natalie Moorhead — Lady Violet 'Vi' Montague
- Boris Karloff — Abdul
- Polly Moran — Polly, the maid
- George Cooper — Fry the Orderly
- Sōjin Kamiyama — Lee Han, the mystic
- Claude Fleming — Sir James Rumsey
- Clarence Geldart — Inspector Lewis (as Clarence Geldert)
- John Miljan — Major Arthur Mallory
- Richard Tucker — Colonel Davidson
- John Loder — Captain Dorchester
- Philip Strange — Lieutenant Williams
- John Roche — Lieutenant Savor
- Lionel Belmore — Major David Endicott
- Gerald Barry — Captain Bradley
- Richard Travers — Major 'Mac' McDougal