The Wedding Date
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Wedding Date is a 2005 film about a single girl who hires a male escort to pose as her boyfriend at her sister's wedding. Her plan, an attempt to dupe her ex-fiancé, who dumped her a couple years prior, proves to be her undoing.
Love doesn't come cheap.
- A wedding is a sacrament... a joyous celebration of love and commitment. In Utopia. In the real world... it's an excuse to drink excessively and say things you shouldn't say.
- [to Edward] The hardest thing is loving someone and then having the courage to let them love you back. But if you know her shit and she knows yours, and at the end of the day if you still would rather give up than try, nothings ever going to be worth it. Maybe think about it this way... you go back, you get to spend the rest of your life having really great makeup sex.
- [to Kat, about Jeffrey and Nick] Darling, why spend anymore time on that horse's ass when Mr. Tie-Me-Up-Tie-Me-Down is standing right over there?
- [after seeing Nick wink] Oh God. I think I've just come.
- TJ: [sees Kat with Jeffery] Oh my God! Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! Top Kat! Ooooh! Where the bloody hell have you been? I have gynaecologists that call more often.
- Kat Ellis: You have more than one gynaecologist?
- TJ: You have to play them off. Otherwise they think you're easy. [turns to Jeffery] Hello, arsehole. Listen, since you dumped my cousin brutally, and without cause, you won't mind if I just steal her away will you? Thanks
- Nick Mercer: Close your eyes. Close your eyes. Close... your... eyes. You're safe. You can relax. I'm not going to kiss you. He's gonna be so sorry he lost you, so stop worrying. Forget the past. Forget the pain. And remember what an incredible woman you are. You do that and he'll realize what he lost.
- Kat Ellis: Holy crap. You're worth every penny.
- Kat Ellis: You know what pisses me off? I've been spilling my guts all weekend and I don't know a thing about you.
- Nick Mercer: [pause] I'm allergic to fabric softener. I majored in comparative literature at Brown. I hate anchovies. And I think I'd miss you even if we never met.
- Debra Messing - Kat Ellis
- Dermot Mulroney - Nick Mercer
- Amy Adams - Amy
- Jack Davenport - Edward Fletcher-Wooten
- Sarah Parish - TJ
- Jeremy Sheffield - Jeffrey
- Peter Egan - Victor Ellis
- Holland Taylor - Bunny
- Jolyon James - Woody