The Wedding Date
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Wedding Date is a 2005 film about a single girl who hires a male escort to pose as her boyfriend at her sister's wedding. Her plan, an attempt to dupe her ex-fiancé, who dumped her a couple years prior, proves to be her undoing.
Love doesn't come cheap.
- [to Nick] You're like the Yoda of escorts. Getting you on the phone was harder than getting into college.
- Oh, I should warn you. You know those families where everyone's out of their minds, but at the end of the day they're you family, so you love them? Mine's not like that. I love my dad, but since he's my stepdad, he's technically not family. He's more like a hostage.
- A wedding is a sacrament... a joyous celebration of love and commitment. In Utopia. In the real world... it's an excuse to drink excessively and say things you shouldn't say.
- [to Kat] Let me teach you a trick: if you look people in the eye, they won't notice what you're wearing.
- [at the Bachelorette Party] Well thank you for including me in this timeless feminine ritual. Here's to the husbands who've won you, the losers who've lost you, and the lucky bastards who've yet to meet you.
- Go ahead, Kat, hate me. I think you're running out of steam on this whole Jeffrey thing anyhow. Maybe now you'll be able to hold on to this long enough to ruin your next relationship.
- [to Edward] The hardest thing is loving someone and then having the courage to let them love you back. But if you know her shit and she knows yours, and at the end of the day if you still would rather give up than try, nothings ever going to be worth it. Maybe think about it this way... you go back, you get to spend the rest of your life having really great makeup sex.
- I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else.
- [to Kat and Amy] The only thing that you two have in common is that you're both secretly attracted to me.
- [to Kat, about Jeffrey and Nick] Darling, why spend anymore time on that horse's ass when Mr. Tie-Me-Up-Tie-Me-Down is standing right over there?
- [after seeing Nick wink] Oh God. I think I've just come.
- Will someone buy my Hoo-Ha a drink?
- [about Nick] Can you believe Kat gets to shag this guy? No, really, you should send God a bottle of wine or a quiche or something.
- Jeffrey: Kat, could I have a word? It'll only take a moment.
- Bunny: Well, let me think. You stole seven years of her life with your bullshit and your charm and now you'd like just a moment? Sure, go right ahead.
- Kat: Thanks for the solidarity, Mom, but next time a little less information.
- TJ: [sees Kat with Jeffery] Oh my God! Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! Top Kat! Ooooh! Where the bloody hell have you been? I have gynaecologists that call more often.
- Kat: You have more than one gynaecologist?
- TJ: You have to play them off. Otherwise they think you're easy. [turns to Jeffery] Hello, arsehole. Listen, since you dumped my cousin brutally, and without cause, you won't mind if I just steal her away will you? Thanks
- Nick: Close your eyes. Close your eyes. Close... your... eyes. You're safe. You can relax. I'm not going to kiss you. He's gonna be so sorry he lost you, so stop worrying. Forget the past. Forget the pain. And remember what an incredible woman you are. You do that and he'll realize what he lost.
- Kat: Holy crap. You're worth every penny.
- Jeffrey: [about Nick] There's something about him I don't like.
- Edward: He's 9% body fat and shagging your ex-girlfriend.
- Nick: When I told you I've never done a wedding before, it wasn't because I've never been asked. I just never said yes.
- Kat: Why'd you say yes to me?
- Nick: There was something in your voice on the phone that day.
- Kat: Desperation?
- Nick: I think it was hope.
- Victor: [after seeing Nick and Kat waking up in his boat] Are you a boatsman, son?
- Nick: I am now, sir.
- Victor: Well, I'm glad to see that someone is making good use of her again. The boat I mean.
- Kat: You know what pisses me off? I've been spilling my guts all weekend and I don't know a thing about you.
- Nick: [pause] I'm allergic to fabric softener. I majored in comparative literature at Brown. I hate anchovies. And I think I'd miss you even if we never met.
- Amy: Hey.
- Kat: Hey.
- Amy: I just... [pauses] I wanted to thank you for not outing me in front of Ed. I want to tell him just not the night before our wedding, you know... with these things, timing is everything.
- Kat: You're right. [pauses] You should really time it right so that when he hears that you repeatedly screwed his best friend, he won't feel like the whole world is collapsing around him, and there's no escape because you tricked him into marrying you.
- Amy: Kat...
- Kat: [brightly] Oh, don't worry. Your wedding will be perfect tomorrow. I'll smile and say all the right things, and you'll deal with Ed when you're ready. But right now, tonight, I'm not going to pretend it's okay.
- Debra Messing - Kat Ellis
- Dermot Mulroney - Nick Mercer
- Amy Adams - Amy
- Jack Davenport - Edward Fletcher-Wooten
- Sarah Parish - TJ
- Jeremy Sheffield - Jeffrey
- Peter Egan - Victor Ellis
- Holland Taylor - Bunny
- Jolyon James - Woody