The Wild (film)
The Wild is a 2006 American computer animated family film, directed by Steve "Spaz" Williams, produced by Clint Goldman and assistant produced by Jim Burton. It was a C.O.R.E. Feature Animation production distributed by Walt Disney Pictures on April 14, 2006, in the United States.
- Please just go back to the boat. I gotta find my son.
- Ryan! Are you staying with me?
- You are a squirrel and she is...
- Over my dead body!
- Benny, we need to have that truck followed.
- Well, that settles it, then. My mother definitely drank pool water when she was pregnant with me.
- Don't worry about a thing, big guy. I got all taken care of.
- I know this city... ...like the back of my paw.
- How do we steer? Who knows how to steer? None of us. We're animals. GREAT!
- [to Nigel] You need a good sports bra.
- Dad, thanks for the technical help, but if you really wanted me to roar like you, you'd take me to the wild.
- [to his father] I just want you to know I'm sorry you didn't have a father like the one I have.
- [wearing a popcorn dispenser] I've got popcorn up my bum. Does I look trashy in this?
- It's fine - it's just leaves, and vines, and AAAAH what's this? Oh, that's my foot.
- [as a pack of dogs run away] Go on, you mutts! Stupid dogs, we could've taken you. [the pack of dogs return] Take you to a... to a disco.
- [to a wildebeest] Terribly sorry to bother you, but, um, do you speak koala? Sprechen Sie koala?
- Permission to go down with the ship, sir? Hang on, stuff that - everyone off the ship!
- As that famous koala once said, "We will fight them... with... peaches."
- Here I come! Hey! [lands hard on the fence] Who put that bar there?
- Do we not have the Party Hats of Death? I've got mine!
- Perhaps now is a good time to improvise.
- Touching. But then last words usually are...Finish them.
- I am Kazar. Leader. Prophet. Choreographer.
- My flesh has fruity woodnotes!
- [sarcastically] Run for your lives, everyone, it's a lion with big moral issues. [walks into a tree] Ouch! And I had enough of you too! Thanks a lot for wrecking my day!
- Bridget: Benny, please tell me we're not in a dangerous jungle with an 8-inch squirrel protecting us?
- Benny: Actually, I'm nine inches. But other than that, yes.
- Bridget: So that means...
- Nigel: We are going to die! [screaming]
- [Larry, Bridget and Nigel begin freaking out and running around in circles.]
- [talking about a sewer system]
- Samson: Appears to be a human bathing area.
- Nigel: You mean humans don't lick themselves clean? Disgusting!
- Benny: Hey, watch where you goin', you, big, big...! [stammering] [Minnie Riperton: Lovin' You] Bridget.
- Bridget: Don't stare at my spots, Benny, my eyes are up here.
[carshing, music stopping]
- Blag: [to Kazar] And for the record, I've always hated your choreography. It's so... '80s.
- Samson: Who are you?
- Camo: Our names aren't important.
- Cloak: I'm Cloak, he's Camo.
- Samson: Those boxes are bad news. Stay away.
- [repeated line]
- Talking Koala Bear Doll: I'm so cuddly, I like you.
- Benny: [after being confronted by a pack of wildebeest] Don't panic, I'm in charge here.
- Bridget: That's why we're panicking!
- [first lines]
- Samson: So there I was, face to face with the biggest, meanest leopard on the Savannah and...
- Ryan: You roared so loud, his spots flew off. Dad, I've heard that story a billion times.
- Benny: Mm, what? Wha...? Wha...? Whoa. Wait! What? What? Wait! Wait, wait, wait, wait! Hey! Hey! Hey! Ow! Ow! Ow! Hey! Ow! Get off me! What is goin' on here?!
- Dung Bugs: Stinky does not speak. It rolls like a little ball.
- Benny: Wait, wait. You guys think I'm a...?
- Dung Bugs: Achtung, Stinky! Less talk, more roll. Ja. Roll! Roll!
- Benny: What the...? [grunts] Hey!
- Dung Bug: Rolling the dung is good for tight buns! [chuckles]
- Benny: I'll give you something to roll about! [shudders] It's a good thing Bridget didn't see that!
- [Benny walks up to Hamir]
- Hamir: Oh, Benny, I am needing until Friday before I pay you back.
- Benny: No, no, it's Ryan. He's in one of those green boxes, and they took it away. We got to find him.
- Hamir: That is not good, not good at all. [pigeons are dancing behind him trying to tell him something] Ah! I know, I know! I am telling him you crazy pigeons! [sighs]
- Kazar: Step, kick, pivot, kick, walk, walk, walk! Aaaahhh! Why do we even bother rehearsing? [snorts at Blag] Mmmmm. Mmm-mm. A good chorus line is so hard to put together.
- Nigel: If you don't give us ice creams pretty quick, you're gonna walk the plank, sir.
- Nigel: I am not a doll.
- Monkey #1: Cushy Tushy!
- Nigel: Aaahhh! Leave my butt alone!
- Stan: You done running your mouth yet, Carmine? Huh? Are you? Huh? Huh? Huh? [turns to Samson and his friends] I apologize, he never got over being flushed down the toilet. [hits Carmine 2 more times] Huh?
- Carmine: Yeah.
- Nigel: Ooh. Does anyone have any eucalyptus wipes?
- Larry: Oh, oh, I know; he's sulking because he lives in his father's shadow, and he roars like a school girl.
- Samson: Thanks, Larry.
- Larry: You betcha.
- Hyrax: Aaahh! Doesn't anyone ever knock anymore?
- Samson: Hey, where's my son? Did he come through here?
- Hyrax: Yeah, now that I think about it, he did come through here. [turns to toilet] Hello? Come out of there, baby lion, your dad's here! Well, what do you know, it's a whole pride of lions down here!
- Samson: Do what you did just then - but the opposite!
- Larry: But I don't know my opposites!
- Samon: I'm improvised. Now jump!
- Bridget: Down there?
- Samson: Yes!
- Bridget: Whoa!
- Nigel: Waaah!
- Samson: We're leaving, Larry! Whoa!
- A whole new breed of tourist.
- Hitting the streets 2006
- Start spreading the newspaper.
- Hitting the streets April 14
- The Circle Of Life, meets the big apple.
- Kiefer Sutherland - Samson
- Jim Belushi - Benny
- Janeane Garofalo - Bridget
- Greg Cipes - Ryan
- Eddie Izzard - Nigel
- Richard Kind - Larry
- William Shatner - Kazar
- Patrick Warburton - Blaggar "Blag"
- Chris Edgerly - Cloak
- Bob Joles - Camo / Ringleader
- Lenny Venito - Stan
- Joseph Siravo - Carmine
- Colin Cunningham - Hyrax
- Colin Hay - Fergus Flamingo
- Miles Marsico - Duke
- Jack DeSena - Eze
- Jonathan Kimmel - Scab
- Eddie Gossling - Scraw
- Clinton Leupp - Mama Hippo
- Kevin Michael Richardson - Samson's father
- Dominic Scott Kay - Young Samson
- Jason Harris - Nelson
Quotes about The Wild
- Ultimately done in by the persistent stench of been-there-seen-that
- Justin Change, Review: The Wild, Variety, 12 April 2006
- The most wildly derivative animated movie in ages.
- Claudia Puig, Wild':'Madagascar' meets 'Lion King' meets 'Nemo'. USA Today, USA Today, 13 April 2006