The Woman in Green
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Temptress of Pleasure - or Mistress of Murder? (taglines)
- Sherlock Holmes: If we could just trace those missing fingers.
- Inspector Gregson: If? If we could just drain the English Channel, we might find a penny.
- Inspector Gregson: What are you looking at, Mr. Holmes?
- Sherlock Holmes: Looking at a very handsome woman. Not born to the purple, but, uh, giving an excellent imitation.
- Lydia Marlowe: I was right, Mr Holmes. You are a difficult subject.
- Sherlock Holmes: Thank you.
- Sherlock Holmes: What a beautiful view, Watson. I'm quite enjoying it.
- Dr. John H. Watson: No, you're not. You're hypnotized! You're under a spell. Stand still, don't move. Steady, Holmes, steady does it. Stand perfectly still where you are.
- Sherlock Holmes: Nonsense, Watson.
- Dr. John H. Watson: I, uh, you don't know what you're doing.
- Sherlock Holmes: Of course I know what I'm doing.
- Dr. John H. Watson: You mean you're not hypnotized?
- Sherlock Holmes: Certainly not!
- Dr. John H. Watson: Then get off the wall, you idiot!
- Professor Moriarty: We've had many encounters in the past. You hope to place me on the gallows. I tell you, I shall never stand upon the gallows. But, if you are instrumental in any way in bringing about my destruction, you will not be alive to enjoy your satisfaction.
- Sherlock Holmes: Then we shall walk together through the Gates of Eternity hand-in-hand.
- Professor Moriarty: What a charming picture that would make.
- Sherlock Holmes: Yes, wouldn't it. And I really think it might be worth it.
- Sherlock Holmes: And now, Professor Moriarity, what can I do for you?
- Professor Moriarty: Everything that I have to say to you has already crossed your mind.
- Sherlock Holmes: And my answer has no doubt crossed yours.
- Professor Moriarty: That's final?
- Sherlock Holmes: What do you think?
- Dr. John H. Watson: An evil man, Holmes, but... what a horrible death!
- Sherlock Holmes: Better than he deserved.
- Dr. John H. Watson: What are you thinking of?
- Sherlock Holmes: I'm thinking of all the women who can come and go in safety in the streets of London tonight. The stars watch in the heavens, and in our own little way, we too, old friend, are privileged to watch over our city.
- Temptress of Pleasure - or Mistress of Murder?
- From Her LIPS - Poison That Bred MURDER!
- Basil Rathbone — Sherlock Holmes
- Nigel Bruce — Doctor Watson
- Hillary Brooke — Lydia Marlowe
- Henry Daniell — Professor Moriarty
- Paul Cavanagh — Sir George Fenwick
- Matthew Boulton — Inspector Tobias Gregson