The World of Strawberry Shortcake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Charles Swenson. Written by Romeo Muller.
- Oh, sometimes I wish I had an alarm clock that didn't oversleep.
- [to Custard] My, what a face! That's no way to start the day. You'll never understand: If you want a sunny morning, you must give the sun a hand! How you ask? It's very simple: Show some grit, show a dimple, turn that frown upside down.
- [during the last musical number] And what do I see/When I turn on TV?/My favorite cartoon Tom and Berry!
- Boys and girls, moms and dads, brothers and sisters, cats and dogs ... welcome to the world of Strawberry Shortcake!
- Hey down there! It's high noon now. Whoo! That is high as I climb. And noon means lunch. EATING TIME!
Peculiar Purple Pieman
- Away, berry birds. Steal me berries. I need berries for my pies—berries! Ho-hoh, berries!
- I'm a little old peddler, quiet and meek. But under it all, I am still, so to speak, the Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak!
- [After toddler Apple Dumplin' gives him a note] Hmm. "I hereby surrender, and promise to be a good guy from now on." You surrender? You want me to sign that? Never!
- Plum Pudding: I think I know just what to do: I'll calculate, conjugate, equate and equalize/And come to the conclusion that the party'll be a surprise!
- Escargot: Ooh-la-la, cherie. I forgot—mon dieu! I, too, have another rendezvous.
- Mr. Sun: Just look at that Huckleberry Pie. Loafing again! Today's too important for such goings-on. Have you forgotten? It's Strawberry Shortcake's birthday!
- Huckleberry Pie: I didn't forget.
- Mr. Sun: Did you get her a present? Did you plan a party?
- Huckleberry Pie: I'm getting around to it.
- Mr. Sun: Well, get a move on!
- Huckleberry Pie: O.K., O.K. Come on, Pupcake. We gotta see Blueberry Muffin.
- Raspberry Tart: A party for Shortcake? How old is she?
- 'Plum Pudding: Six.
- Raspberry Tart: I think she's seven if she's a day.
- Huckleberry Pie: Tardy. When will you learn not to say what you think ... till you think about it a little more?
- [After Strawberry Shortcake receives the Pieman's magic watering can as a birthday present]
- Raspberry Tart: Aren't you a little old for those things, dearie?
- Strawberry Shortcake: [whispering] But it's magic. Look! It's empty. But when I tip it...
- [While she is using the can]
- Huckleberry Pie: How do you stop it, Shortcake?
- Strawberry Shortcake: Just tip the can back up, I suppose.
- [The can refuses to cease watering]
- Strawberry Shortcake: Uh-oh! Didn't work.
- Huckleberry Pie: Maybe it takes a magic command. Water, stop!
- Plum Pudding: The way to stop it scientifically ... is to cap the spout.
- [Strawberry and her friends cheer after Plum Pudding does just that. All too soon, however, the can explodes.]
- Strawberry and friends: Oh, no!
- [Huckleberry Pie covers the top with a strawberry, but that too fails. Suddenly, the whole of Strawberryland is flooded; the group rides the waters on a small raft.]
- Strawberry Shortcake: Oh. See what's happened to our pretty valley.
- Peculiar Purple Pieman: Oh, what's the matter, kiddies? [taking off his peddler disguise] Did your can spring a leak? [snickers]
- [One of Strawberry's friends gasps]
- Strawberry and friends: The Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak!
- Peculiar Purple Pieman: Ya-ya-dah-da-da-da-ta-ta, ta-ta-ta-ta-ta. Tah!
- Strawberry Shortcake: He tricked us!
- Huckleberry Pie: What do you want from us, anyway?
- Peculiar Purple Pieman: Berries...berries. Understand? Every last berry in Strawberryland! [cackles]
- Strawberry Shortcake: [crying] Oh, our pretty berries!
- Mr. Sun: When the waters receded, they fell with a thud, and found their proud homeland was only as ...
- Strawberry and friends: Mud!
|Russi Taylor||Strawberry Shortcake|
|Robert Ridgely||Peculiar Purple Pieman|
|Romeo Muller||Mr. Sun / Narrator|
|Julie McWhirter||Huckleberry Pie|
|Joan Gerber||Blueberry Muffin, Apple Dumplin'|
|Pamela Anderson||Raspberry Tart|
|Bob Holt||Additional voices|