The Wrong Man
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Somewhere...somewhere there must be the right man! (taglines)
- Directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Written by Maxwell Anderson and Angus MacPhail, based on The True Story of Christopher Emmanuel Balestrero by Maxwell Anderson.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- This is Alfred Hitchcock speaking. In the past, I have given you many kinds of suspense pictures. But this time, I would like you to see a different one. The difference lies in the fact that this is a true story, every word of it. And yet it contains elements that are stranger than all the fiction that has gone into many of the thrillers that I've made before.
- An innocent man has nothing to fear, remember that.
- Robert Balestrero: It says here Mozart wrote it when he was 5. So I should be able to play it, I'm 8.
- Gregory Balestrero: I'm 5, so I should be able to write it.
- Manny Balestrero: Tell you what we'll do. This evening, we'll take time for music lessons. Bob'll have a lesson on the piano and Greg on the harmonica.
- Gregory Balestrero: Mine first!
- Manny Balestrero: Each lesson will be fifteen minutes, and Greg's... [phone rings. He picks it up] Hello...? Hello, Mother.
- Lt. Bowers: Is your name Christopher Emmanuel Balestrero?
- Manny Balestrero: Yes, it is.
- Lt. Bowers: I want to speak with you. We're police officers.
- Manny Balestrero: What about?
- Lt. Bowers: We'd like you to come down to the precinct and help us out a little.
- Lt. Bowers: How do you explain it?
- Manny Balestrero: I made a mistake.
- Lt. Bowers: And so did the hold up man. And it happens to be the same mistake.
- Somewhere...somewhere there must be the right man!
- The police were convinced... The witnesses were positive ...Yet he was... THE WRONG MAN
- Suspense Mounts Step By Step
- An innocent man has nothing to fear!
- Henry Fonda — Christopher Emmanuel "Manny" Balestrero
- Vera Miles — Rose Balestrero
- Anthony Quayle — Frank O'Connor
- Harold J. Stone — Lt. Bowers
- Charles Cooper — Det. Matthews
- John Hildebrand — Tomasini
- Esther Minciotti — Mama Balestrero
- Doreen Lang — Ann James
- Laurinda Barrett — Constance Willis
- Norma Connolly — Betty Todd
- Nehemiah Persoff — Gene Conforti
- Lola D'Annunzio — Olga Conforti
- Werner Klemperer — Dr. Bannay
- Kippy Campbell — Robert Balestrero
- Robert Essen — Gregory Balestrero
- Richard Robbins — Daniel, the guilty man