The Wrong Trousers
The Wrong Trousers is a 1993 British stop-motion animated short film directed by Nick Park at Aardman Animations, featuring his characters Wallace and Gromit. It is the second film featuring the eccentric inventor Wallace (voiced by Peter Sallis) and his dog Gromit, following A Grand Day Out (1989). In the film, a sinister penguin uses Wallace and Gromit's robotic "Techno Trousers" to steal a diamond.
The Wrong Trousers premiered in the United States on December 17, 1993, and the United Kingdom on December 26, 1993. It was commercially successful and won the 1993 Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film. It also inspired a charity fundraising day, known as "Wrong Trousers Day", one of several events. A sequel, A Close Shave, was released in 1995.
- Directed by Nick Park. Produced by Christopher Moll. Written by Nick Park, Bob Baker and Brian Sibley.
- Wallace: I wish you'll find this present a valuable addition to our modern lifestyle. They're techno-trousers, ex-NASA. Fantastic for walkies!
- Wallace: [of the trapdoor that slid him out of bed onto the kitchen chair] Well, that went as well as could be expected, didn't it, right? Though I might have to make a small adjustment to the drop. A touch painful on reentry.
- [Wallace has fallen into the techno-trousers and, thanks to Feathers McGraw controlling them, sent Wallace rampaging about town before returning him home to bed, tired]
- Wallace: Oh, I'm tired. A good doze, that's all I need. Get me strength back. What a--What a shocking calam--calam--calamity--[falls asleep, snoring]
- Wallace: [upon falling into the techno-trousers] It's the wrong trousers! The wrong trousers!
- [Wallace sees controls on trousers missing]
- Wallace: What have you done with the controls, Gromit?,
- Wallace: Woah! It's The Wrong Trousers, Gromit, and they've gone wrong! Stop them, Gromit! Stop them! Help!
- Wallace: [as he goes flying around the room] Hang in there, Gromit! Everything's under control!
- [last lines]
- Wallace: Ha, all's well that ends well. That's what I say. Ooh, I do like a bit of gorgonzola!
- From the Oscar-winning creator of Creature Comforts and A Grand Day Out.
- Winner of the 1993 Academy Award for Best Animated Short.
- From the makers of Chicken Run.