Theodore Rex (film)
Theodore Rex is a 1996 buddy cop science-fiction family film written and directed by Jonathan Betuel and starring Whoopi Goldberg. Though originally intended for theatrical release, the film went direct-to-video, and consequently became the most expensive direct-to-video film ever made at the time of its release.
- Directed by Jonathan Betuel. Produced by Richard Gilbert Abramson and Sue Baden-Powell. Written by Jonathan Betuel.
- You cannot eat our only suspect!
- I almost forgot. Cookie. [shoots out cookie from machine] Macadamia. Yes.
- Guy in the Bag: Welcome to Dead Storage. We're gonna die.
- Katie Coltrane: I love when he does that.
- Theodore Rex: Ha, ha! Whoo! Yeah!
- The world's toughest cop is getting a brand new partner. He's a real blast from the past.
- And don't even think of calling him Barney.
- The latest cop team has four legs, a tail and a million years in attitude. (UK VHS cover)
- Whoopi Goldberg as Katie Coltrane.
- Armin Mueller-Stahl as Elizar Kane.
- Juliet Landau as Dr. Veronica Shade.
- Bud Cort as Spinner.
- Stephen McHattie as Edge.
- Richard Roundtree as Commissioner Lynch.
- Jack Riley as Alaric.
- Calvin Scott as Smithersaurus.
- Kevin Carlson as Ankylosaurus Dad.
- Charles Chiodo as Guy in the Bag.
- Edward Chiodo as Caterpillar.
- Steven Chiodo as Guy in the Bag.
- Tom Fisher as Ankylosaurus.
- Terri Hardin as Molly Rex. (face performance)
- Bruce Lanoil as Theodore Rex (face performance) and Oliver Rex. (face performance)
- Pons Maar as Theodore Rex. (in-suit performer)
- James Murray as Tina the Waitress.
- Tony Sabin Prince as Molly Rex. (in-suit performer)
- Dwight Robers as Guy in the Bag.
- George Newbern as Theodore Rex.
- Carol Kane as Molly Rex.
- Hayward O. Coleman as Oliver Rex and Tina the Waitress.
- Jan Rabson as Tina Rex.
- Billy Bowles, Rodger Bumpass, Jennifer Darling, Denise Dowse, Bill Farmer, Anne Lockhart, Sherry Lynn, Mickie McGowan, Patrick Pinney, and Philip Proctor as the Additional voices.