This Island Earth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Joseph M. Newman. Written by Franklin Coen.
Two mortals trapped in outer space... challenging the unearthly furies of an outlaw planet gone mad! (taglines)
- The Monitor: Then you know that shortly we can expect Zagon to commence and sustain an all-out attack. Our ionization layer must be maintained until our relocation is effected.
- Dr. Cal Meacham: Relocation? To where?
- The Monitor: To your Earth.
- Exeter: A peaceful relocation. We hope to live in harmony with the citizens of your Earth.
- Dr. Ruth Adams: In harmony!
- The Monitor: Our knowledge and weapons would make us your superiors, naturally.
- Dr. Cal Meacham: Then why haven't your "superior" brains solved the problem of synthesizing uranium?
- The Monitor: It is indeed typical that you Earth people refuse to believe in the superiority of any world but your own. Children looking into a magnifying glass, imagining the image you see is the image of your true size.
- Dr. Cal Meacham: Our true size is the size of our God!
- Exeter: Yes, they're concentrating all their attention on Metaluna. Those flashes of light... they're meteors... hundreds of them! Intense heat is turning Metaluna into a radioactive sun. Temperature must be... thousands of degrees by now. A lifeless planet. And yet... yet still serving a useful purpose, I hope. Yes, a sun. Warming the surface of some other world. Giving light to those who may need it. Now, into the converter tubes! Ruth, you take the first tube. You the next.
- Dr. Cal Meacham: What about you?
- Exeter: I'll use the third tube.
- Joe Wilson: Cal, I - I know everybody's seeing flying saucers and screwy lights up in the sky. Well, you can put me in the booby hatch too, because, so help me, I saw this ship turn a bright green up there.
- Dr. Cal Meacham: Are you sure, Joe?
- Joe Wilson: Positive.
- Dr. Cal Meacham: Did you hear anything?
- Joe Wilson: Yes. A high-frequency howl, very high, all the time your ship was...
- Dr. Cal Meacham: Green. Did Webb see it?
- Joe Wilson: Unless he's blind.
- Dr. Cal Meacham: Check him.
- Joe Wilson: Right.
- Dr. Cal Meacham: Oh, and Joe... until we find out what happened, all three of us were blind.
- The supreme excitement of our time!
- 2 1/2 Years in the making!
- Jeff Morrow — Exeter
- Faith Domergue — Ruth Adams
- Rex Reason — Cal Meacham
- Lance Fuller — Brack
- Russell Johnson — Steve Carlson
- Douglas Spencer — The Monitor