Thomas & Friends/Season 5
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thomas and Friends Season 5
Cranky Bugs [5.1]
- Cranky: You're useless little bugs! If you put these trucks on the inside lines, then I wouldn't have so far to travel!
- Thomas: Rubbish! We always arrange our trucks like this, and no crane has ever complained before!
- Cranky: Well, I'm complaining now.
- [he drops his load on the ground]
- [after Cranky has saved the engines in the shed]
- Gordon: Oh, thank you! What would I have done without you?
- Cranky: Well, I had to be rescued before I could help you, but I never thought it would be a couple of b-b- "Small engines". Thank you, I'll never be rude again. However, you two mites are in my way, so move over!
- Percy: Pah! He's back to bugging us! [lurches backward]
- Thomas: Don't move! You're still attached to Cranky!
- Narrator: But it was too late.
- [Cranky falls again]
Horrid Lorry [5.2]
- James: They're bringing in the third lorry on a barge. What happened to that one?
- Tow truck man: The stupid lorry was reversing and fell straight into the sea.
- Thomas: [looks at the damaged lorries] Well, well, well. The brothers grim. Smashed, broken, and sunk!
A Better View For Gordon [5.3]
- Gordon: Come on! Come on! I can go faster than this! Sick, me?! Never!
- The Fat Controller: [after the crash] Well, Gordon, I know you wanted a panoramic view, but this is not the way to achieve it.
- Gordon: Yes, sir. Sorry, sir.
Lady Hatt's Birthday Party [5.4]
- Lady Hatt: [about her husband's new outfit] It's perfect for my birthday party. You look splendid, Topham Dear.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Then I'll wear my finest hat just for you. Your birthday is a great occasion.
- Lady Hatt: It is. So don't be late.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Don't worry, my dear. I shall be spic and span and right on time.
- George: [to Caroline] Call yourself a car?! You're a disgrace to the road! Find yourself a scrapyard!
- Driver: Can I be your assistance, sir?
- Sir Topham Hatt: Only if you can get to my wife's birthday party.
- Driver: We can take you to Thomas, he's just down the line.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Much obliged.
James and the Trouble with Trees [5.5]
- James: If you can't push trucks properly, Henry, why not talk to a tree instead? You know how much you like the forest.
- Henry: As a matter of fact, bossy boiler, the Fat Controller is inspecting the island for trees that are too close to the line. He's worried they might cause trouble.
- James: Ha! If I came upon a tree, I'd just push it aside!
- Henry: Really?
- James: Make way for an important engine!
- Percy: You wouldn't feel important if one of these trees crashed on you. You'd feel hurt.
- James: Rubbish! It wouldn't dare!
- Terence: You should be careful, James. Trees can be just as powerful as engines.
- James: Oh, please!
Gordon and the Gremlin [5.6]
- Firelighter: [looks at Gordon's fire] I don't know what's wrong. There must be gremlins about.
- Percy: What are gremlins?
- Thomas: I heard that they're little green men who play tricks.
- Percy: Can we find one?
- James: Pah! Gremlins don't exist. They're just an excuse when things go wrong and no one knows why.
- Thomas: If firelighter says there are gremlins, there are.
- James: Ha!
- Fireman: What's the dog's name?
- The Fat Controller's mother: Well, after today's events, I think I'll rename him Gremlin.
- The Fat Controller: In that case, I've met one at last! [laughs]
- Thomas: Excuse me, Sir. But who is your very important visitor?
- The Fat Controller: Why didn't I tell you? This lady is my mother. And she agrees with me: You are indeed really useful engines. And my mother, of course, is always right! [laughs again]
Bye, George! [5.7]
- George: Bumpy ride on rotten rails. I'm glad it's over.
- Percy: So am I.
- George: I wanna get rolling again, but I've gotta wait a whole week until I do.
- Thomas: And then you'll be just as rude as ever, eh, George?
- Thomas: My favorite station is Ffarquhar.
- Toby: Mine's Maithwaite. Percy, what's yours?
- Percy: [sleepily] The docks.
- Thomas: Ha! We can tell!
- Toby: The docks are full of fish, not flowers.
- Percy: [wide awake] All right, then, Arlesdale End.
- Toby: That's my home!
- Percy: That's why I like it. Especially when you're there and not here saying I'm silly! Good night.
- The Fat Controller: [after the ram has eaten his hat] Well, seems I wouldn't be able to eat my hat even if I had to.
Put Upon Percy [5.9]
- Trucks: Who's this dirty little engine? We want Thomas or Duck!
- Percy: Put upon. Put upon. That's who I am!
- Thomas: We can see what's been put upon you.
- The Fat Controller: Silence. Percy, you've done a good day's work. Now get a good night's rest.
- Percy: Yes, Sir. Thank you, Sir.
Toby and the Flood [5.10]
- Percy: [about the dam during the storm] Driver tells me it may be dangerous up there. Please be careful, Toby.
- Toby: I'll try.
- Percy: I could never have been so brave, Toby.
- Toby: Oh, I'm sure you would be, but you never know until you've tried.
Haunted Henry [5.11]
- Edward: Whenever that owl hoots, a mist rolls in. And there's a legend that when the mist is about, there's a ghost about, too. Take care on the old line, Henry.
- Henry: Stupid bird!
- Henry: Owls, mists, ghosts... Edward's going soft in the boiler. There's no mist!
Double Teething Troubles [5.12]
- Bill: That's my line of trucks.
- Ben: It's not. It's mine. Yours is over there.
- Bill: It's mine.
- Ben: It's not.
- Bill: It's mine!
- Ben: It's not!
- [BoCo shows up]
- BoCo: Stop quarreling you two, or the only thing you'll have left to share is...
- [Bill and Ben race towards the trucks but collide into each other and derail at the points]
- BoCo: ...trouble!
- Bill: Silly!
- Ben: Silly yourself!
- The Fat Controller: Bill and Ben, behave yourselves! It's clear to me that we need another diesel to help out. There is only one available. He's new and keen to make an impression.
- BoCo: If I were you, I'd get back to work right away.
- Percy: [about Derek] Hey, you two. This new diesel's got a toothache. Good luck!
- Bill: Why does Percy wanna wish us good luck?
- Ben: Because he knows we'll need it. A diesel with a toothache must be the worst diesel of all.
Stepney Gets Lost [5.13]
- [Arry and Bert approach Stepney]
- Arry: Got you this time, Stepney! You'll make very fine scrap, indeed. Buffer him, Bert!
- [Bert does so, and he and Arry take him to the smelter shed]
- Arry and Bert: Bye-bye, Stepney! [laugh]
- The Fat Controller: It's a good thing I've chosen to visit this yard tonight. Saving you from scrap is becoming a habit, Stepney. Please, stop it!
- Stepney: Yes, Sir! But I have learned something.
- The Fat Controller: What's that?
- Stepney: There's no place like home!
- The Fat Controller: And that's exactly where you're going now.
- Stepney: Bluebells forever!
Toby's Discovery [5.14]
- Fireman: The Old Warrior wants to meet you.
- Toby: Can't it wait until morning?
- Driver: Ghosts don't work day shifts.
- Toby: Well, bless my bell!
- Signalman: This is your ghost, Toby. His name's really Bertram, but we call him "The Old Warrior", because he's so brave.
Something in the Air [5.15]
- Henry: You're late! And that smell is making me ill.
- Thomas: It's the fish! And there's danger on the rails. That's why we're late.
- Henry: Ha! You're the only danger on the rails, Thomas. Now, stop wasting time, and get your trucks hitched to my train.
- The Fat Controller: Engines don't swim, Henry. You were meant to deliver fish, not swim with them. You should know that by now.
- Henry: Yes, Sir. I'm sorry, Sir.
Thomas, Percy and Old Slow Coach [5.16]
- Thomas: Everyone's so much happier when spring time comes.
- James: Everyone except the Fat Controller. He seems to be working us harder than ever. I'm tired of these coastal runs.
- Percy: He just wants everything to be ready for the holidays. Anyway, salty air makes me all cheerful in my smokebox.
- James: Pah! It's the countryside that really gets me fired up. It's the only place to be.
- Percy: You said the countryside got you all fired up, James. But I didn't think you meant it in this way.
- James: PAH! It was this stupid truck's fault! Not mine.
Thomas and the Rumours (UK) / Thomas and the Rumors (US) [5.17]
- Gordon: You look glum, little Percy. What's up?
- Percy: The Fat Controller told driver that he's using Harold to show a visitor the island instead of using any of us engines.
- Gordon: Despicable!
- Henry: Disgusting!
- James: Engines are meant to take visitors around our island. Not that whirly-bird thing!
- Thomas: Will Gordon be scrapped, Sir?
- The Fat Controller: What makes you think that?
- Thomas: Because the engines think the visitor is here to see if we can be replaced by Harold.
- The Fat Controller: Well, the engines are wrong, and you shouldn't listen to rumors, Thomas. This gentleman is making a new playground for the children. It was easier to find a suitable site from up in the air.
- Gentleman: And what's more, that tunnel sand will be perfect for the playground! Found by accident and rumor, you might say.
Oliver's Find [5.18]
- Toad: Excuse me, Mr. Oliver. It seems to me that things are not well for you, if you forgive me for mentioning it.
- Oliver: You're quite right, Toad. All I do is shunt these trucks onto the turntable. I long for a nice run. It's what an engine really needs.
- Toad: Quite so, Mr. Oliver. May I suggest you speak to the Fat Controller about your problems?
- Trucks: You're no good, Oliver. You're dangerous! We want Percy.
- Oliver: Percy's far too busy to be bothered with the likes of you!
Happy Ever After [5.19]
- Percy: We've got to find a good luck package. Do you know what that is?
- Edward: Oh, yes, indeed. Something old, something new...
- Percy: Something borrowed, and something blue. But where do we find them?
- Edward: They're probably staring you in your smokebox. Now, I have to fetch my special train. I'm taking guests to the wedding.
- Percy: I love weddings.
- Thomas: Did you enjoy your kiss?
- [Percy closes his eyes and pretends to sleep]
Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday [5.20]
- [Tiger Moth flies dangerously past Harold and the Hatts]
- The Fat Controller: What was that?!
- Harold: That's Tiger Moth. It's rude and flies much too low.
- The Fat Controller: So I can see! Please take us up, Harold, before there's another disturbance.
- [Percy finds the Hatts' boat stuck in the mud bank]
- Percy's driver: Is there anything we can do to help?
- The Fat Controller: Yes, indeed, there is.
- [cut to the family's boat now on Percy's flatbed]
- The Fat Controller: This is the life, isn't it, my dear?!
A Surprise for Percy (UK) / A Big Surprise for Percy (US) [5.21]
- Trucks: [sing to Percy] Percy, Percy, green and small.
- He's no use to us at all.
- Around the yards, he'll puff and blow.
- But on the hills, he's oh, so slow!
- Percy: [bumps the trucks hard] BE QUIET!
- Trucks: You're much too slow to pull all of us. We want another engine, or we'll be struggling up the hill all night!
- [chant] All night! All right!
- You can puff and blow!
- But on that hill, you're still too slow! Ha-ha!
- Percy: Slow yourself!
- [he bumps the trucks again]
- Trucks: Temper! Temper!
Make Someone Happy [5.22]
- Cranky: Hey you, down there! I'm playing Lucky Dip in the tramper's hold and all these are for you!
- [the workmen unveil what Cranky has unloaded]
- Percy: Wooden horses, for the carousel ride! It's going to be a very exciting fair!
- James: You were quite right, Thomas. Making someone happy does cheer you up.
Busy Going Backwards [5.23]
- Toad: I'm always going backwards, Mr. Oliver. I have forward-thinking views. I could be a leader, if you know what I mean.
- Gordon: You can't be a leader without a train to follow you. You don't have a train.
- Toad: I'm sorry, Mr. Oliver, if I caused you any embarrassment.
- Oliver: That's all right, Toad. So, what do you think of going forwards?
- Toad: It was fun! But from now on, I'll be happy to look forward to the future, busy going backwards, so to speak!
Duncan Gets Spooked [5.24]
- Duncan: [to Peter Sam] Fancy not securing your trucks on a hill. They'll come back to spook you and your special funnel. WHOO!
- Rusty: And who's to say you're not afraid of ghosts?!
- Duncan: Ghosts? Things that go bump in the night? Rubbish!
- Rusty: Well, I'll tell you a story that'll make your funnel quiver.
- [cut to the Old Iron Bridge one night]
- Rusty: A long time ago, a little engine was returning home. It was a misty moonlit night. As the engine crossed the Old Iron Bridge, he suddenly lost control, and plunged over the side, into the swamps below.
- [the engine falls into the ravine]
- Rusty: He was never found again, but many a workman will tell you that when the moon is full, they have seen the little engine trying to get home. But he never reaches the other side.
- [cut back to the present]
- Rusty: So, what do you think of that, Duncan?
- Duncan: Rubbish!
- Duncan: Haunted bridge. Rubbish! It's as tame as a pet rabbit!
- Rusty: No one knew that the heat from Skarloey's engine had helped to make an igloo.
- Workmen: It's a snowball. It's a snow house. It's an engine!
- Rusty: They cleared away the ice, only to find Skarloey's driver and fireman drinking cocoa, as if nothing had happened!
- Gordon: [covered in snow] Help!
- Thomas: If Skarloey survived a snowfall, surely, a big, proud engine like you could do the same.
- Gordon: [furiously] Pah!
Rusty and the Boulder [5.26]
- Rusty: [to his driver] I think it's the boulder wanting us to go away.
- The Fat Controller: [about the boulder] We should've left this part of the island... alone.
- Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends quotes at the Internet Movie Database