Thunderbirds is a mid-1960s Sylvia and Gerry Anderson television show which used a form of puppetry called "Supermarionation". Two seasons were produced, comprising thirty-two episodes in total. Production commenced in 1964 and the series premiered on British television in September 1965.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [International Rescue has succeeded in saving the Fireflash aircraft via emergency elevator cars, but one driven by Virgil has crashed off the runway and is upside down]
- Scott: Are you okay, Virgil?
- [Virgil is trying to crawl right side up within his elevator car]
- Virgil: Okay, Scott. Made good timing.
- Scott: Great, Virgil! Just great.
Terror In New York City
- Scott: [speaking via broadcast speaker after activating a beam transmitter toward the telebroadcast truck of Ned Cook and his cameraman Joe] I've electromagnetically wiped the videotape, Cook. The entire recording is blank. Sorry about this but we have to protect ourselves. So long.
- [Thunderbird One pulls away and gains altitude as Cook stops the truck]
- Ned Cook: He's just bluffing! It's not possible!
- Joe: [with the ruined tape] He wasn't bluffing, and it IS possible. There goes your story, Ned.
Sun Probe [1.11]
- Brains: [On finding they've brought Braman, Brains' chess-playing robot, with them on a voyage to save Thunderbird 3] Oh no! Virgil, we've brought the wrong box!
- Virgil: Base from Thunderbird 2, calling base from Thunderbird 2!
Alias Mr. Hackenbacker [2.3]
- [Brains is driving into the London Airport under the pseudonym of Mr. Hackenbacker]
- Brains: This is Hiram K. Hackenbacker calling Jeff Tracy. Come in, Jeff Tracy.
- Jeff: Go ahead, er... Mr... Hackenbacker.
- Brains: I am now entering the London Airport.
- Jeff: Good luck Br- I mean Mr. Hackenbacker.
- Jeff Tracy: Thunderbirds are go!
- "Thunderbirds" (1965) quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Thunderbirds at BFI Screenonline
- The Thunderbirds at TV.com
- Thunderbirds are GO (film) quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Thunderbird 6 (film) quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Thunderbirds at BBCi
- I started to think that there really ought to be dumps around the world with rescue gear standing by, so that when a disaster happened, all these items of rescue equipment could be rushed to the disaster zone and used to help to get people out of trouble ... I was thinking, 'Rescue, yes, rescue, but how to make it science fiction? What about an international rescue organisation?
- Gerry Anderson on the premise as quoted in Bentley, Chris (2005) . The Complete Book of Thunderbirds (2nd ed.). o. 8-9
- Lew watched ["Trapped in the Sky"] and at the end he jumped up shouting, 'Fantastic, absolutely fantastic! This isn't a television series – this is a feature film! You've got to make this as an hour!' ... I'm glad we did it, because it made the series much bigger and much more important. But it was still a very, very difficult job.
- Gerry Anderson on the premise as quoted in Bentley, Chris (2005) . The Complete Book of Thunderbirds (2nd ed.). p.26
- Since we always tried to minimise walking, we'd show the puppets taking one step only, then promptly cut. Through interspersing the programmes with "meanwhile" scenes – that is, showing what else was going on in the story at the same time – we would then cut back to the puppet who was now already in his craft.
- Alan Pattillo on puppet movement Marriott, as quoted in John (1993). Supermarionation Classics: Stingray, Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons p.179