Thuraya AlArrayed:(Arabic: ثريا العريض) is an Arabic language, Saudi writer and poet she was born in 1948, and received a bachelor's degree from the College of Beirut, in 1966 , and then an MBA from American University of Beirut in 1969 and PhD from the University of North Carolina, United States General in 1975.
from Her Poems
- I came into your world
- Wrapped in my inherited desert shawls
- All my ancestors nomadic uncontrollable souls
- An immense mysterious heritage
- Do you comprehend what that implies?
- When you ask me to swap a desert infinite horizon
- With a one way trip to a door and walls?
- I caught a rainbow
- A beautiful rainbow
- And made it mine
- But when the rain stopped
- I lost my rainbow
- My pretty rainbow
- Amid the sunshine
- I want to burst , to shout
- Speak up with all my force
- With all my might
- Open my swollen heart
- Cry out
- Until the word is heard
- Until the word pierces the sky
The Doors ;the Game of Times
- When the enchanted times child shares my solitude
- She lifts me with fatal calmness
- Out of the orbit of the four seasons
- Through the worn out doors
- Searching for the fifth Season
- Where dreams should have poured.