Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a person or group of people is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Make it work!
- Gunn's catchphrase during his work on the television show Project Runway
- I was called a fool when I was chair of fashion at Parsons and I invited PETA to speak to students. The industry went crazy. I said: "Wait a minute. The International Fur Trade Commission is coming here. I have a responsibility to bring another point of view, let the students decide." I would say if you're going to use fur, you have a responsibility to know its origins. … There's no reason to kill animals for fur. Wearing fur is like wearing a big sign reading, "I'm in favor of inflicting cruelty and pain on animals as a fashion statement." Unspeakable torture is inflicted on dogs, cats, bunnies, raccoons, foxes, minks and myriad trapped, helpless creatures in the name of fashion — yes, dogs and cats.
- "Tim Gunn and me" by Patt Morrison, interview with the Los Angeles Times (23 November 2009).
- Stella’s work has helped to redefine and recalibrate our thinking. … Higher-end brands have said they couldn’t exist without fur. Stella proves, of course you can.
- At a party held at Stella McCartney’s 14th Street boutique in New York; quoted in "New York Fashion Week: Tim Gunn, Taraji Henson make the case against animal cruelty", NOLA.com (10 February 2011).