Time Squad is an American animated television series created by Dave Wasson for Cartoon Network, and the tenth of the network's Cartoon Cartoons. It follows the adventures of Otto Osworth, Buck Tuddrussel, and the robot Larry 3000, a trio of hapless "time cops" living in the far distant future who travel back in time attempting to correct the course of history. During their adventures, they run into major historical figures such as Julius Caesar, Abraham Lincoln, Sigmund Freud, Leonardo da Vinci, the Founding Fathers, and Montezuma, who have taken a drastically different course of life than history dictates. The mission of the Time Squad is to guide these figures onto the correct path and ensure the integrity of the future.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Napoleon the Conquered [1.2]
- Larry 3000: Think of time as a section of rope. As Earth moves forward through time, more rope is formed. Recently it was discovered that as time grew older, it began to decay, or “unravel,” as it were, and this disintegration of the past begins to create disastrous results in our future. Let’s say that because of this instability in the past, the dodo bird never becomes extinct, and because of this, a young Henry Ford is attacked by one of these filthy creatures. He is so traumatized by the experience that he never invents the auto assembly line, or the Model T. Without this primitive automobile as a jumping-off point, we in the future are suddenly without our fancy solar-powered hover cars. That’s why we have to constantly repair the past and keep our future strong.
Planet of the Flies [1.14]
- Tuddrussel: This is a mad house!... A MAD HOUSE!!!
- Larry: Ya' finished?
- Tuddrussel: Pretty much...
Floundering Fathers [2.17]
- Buck Tuddrussel: Well, mission accomplished. It took some doing, but we talked Karl Marx out of building the world's largest igloo and back to writing the Communist Manifesto.
- The Larry 3000: Yes, once you kicked him in the belly.
- Buck Tuddrussel: Hey, if you're gonna make an omelet, you gotta break a few eggs.
Forget The Alamo [2.19]
- Otto: Let me hear that Time Squad motto.
- Tuddrussel: Ensuring the pat to protect our farmers.
- Otto: Close enough.