Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I was in Brooklyn and it was freezing cold. I was living in a room with no windows and paying too much in rent. I envisioned sitting under a palm tree. I followed my nose from there.
- (on why he left America to travel the world) ALARM Magazine (July 7, 2008).
- It's a bit like being a mad scientist. You mix a bit of this with some of that. You're never sure what's going to happen. But I'd rather blow up the laboratory than keep reinventing the wheel.
- NPR World Cafe (June 18, 2008).
- People are very much victims of their lack of education. This of course makes them a lot easier to control. It works the same way there as it does (in America). I wouldn't say that surprised me.
- (on extremism in Pakistan) Baltimore City Paper (June 11, 2008).
- A record should be like a bus ticket to somewhere, but you're not sure where that somewhere is going to be. (It) shouldn't just give you thirteen variations on the same four elements, like McDonald's, or something. 'You liked that one? Well here's the same thing, except with extra cheese.'
- In Music We Trust (September, 2003).
- I've been down so long that coming up is giving me the bends.
- "Three-legged Dog", The Golden Hour (May 6, 2008).
- I'm sipping on an oxygen cocktail with an ambulance chaser.
- "Car Crash Collaborator", Psychopharmacology (July 10, 2001).
- I'm a raging success as a failure.
- "7th Avenue Static", Psychopharmacology(July 10, 2001).
- Another perfect catastrophe is just waiting to happen, watching for the moment to transpire. Another perfect catastrophe is just dying to go down. It's only looking for the perfect place and time.
- "Another Perfect Catastrophe", The Ponzi Scheme (May 5, 1998).
- A thousand eyes are gazing down like bullet holes shot into the roof, as I lie here scratching for a grain of truth.
- "Balalaika", Get Off the Cross (We Need the Wood for the Fire (October 22, 1996).
- Every word I never spoke dies like a spark smothered in smoke pulled from the glow of a shitty cigarette.
- "Feels Like the End of the World", The Golden Hour (May 6, 2008).
- Friday was the crucifixion Saturday, cremation under glass. The resurrection was on Sunday, no.. correction make it Monday; cause Monday's when they come to take the trash.
- "Bourbon & Division", Get Off the Cross (We Need the Wood for the Fire) (October 22, 1996).
- You can give your confession tomorrow, if you find a priest dumb enough to believe, because it only hurts when I breathe.
- "It Only Hurts When I Breathe", Release (1994).
- Late for work again today. Somebody was lying down on the job again. Will you people please stop jumping under my train? 'Ladies and gentlemen, there will be a slight delay while we hose the blood away.'
- "Got No Soul", Ask Questions Later (March 30, 1993).
- Everybody loves you when you're dead. Everyone is suddenly your dearest friend. Nobody talks no dirt about you. But life, it just goes on above your head, when you're dead.
- "Everybody Loves You (When You're Dead)", Ask Questions Later (March 30, 1993).