Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Life of Love, Courage, and Fellowship (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- J. R. R. Tolkien: I made stories, legends, after all, what is language for? It's not just the naming of things, is it? It's the lifeblood of a culture, a people.
- Joseph Wright: Yes, exactly. Could you write five-thousand words on the influence of Norse elements in Gawain?
- J. R. R. Tolkien: Yes, absolutely. When would you like it by?
- Joseph Wright: This evening.
- A Life of Love, Courage, and Fellowship
- Often, the storybooks and newspapers tell us of the C.S. Lewis/Tolkien era, but little attention is given to his earlier life and friendships, but I think those years were so instrumental to his writing. The poverty aspect, in particular, I think will surprise some. I always thought of him as a privileged white man but really, he had to fight his way to the light. That’s one of the main reasons we narrowed his timeline.
- Like his books, I hope Tolkien has that healing power, I hope viewers are inspired to spread love and understanding to one another. I hope they’re inspired to call a friend and share life with them.
- Nicholas Hoult — J. R. R. Tolkien
- Lily Collins — Edith Tolkien
- Colm Meaney — Father Francis Morgan
- Derek Jacobi — Joseph Wright
- Anthony Boyle — Geoffrey Bache Smith
- Patrick Gibson — Robert Q. Gilson
- Laura Donnelly — Mabel Tolkien
- Pam Ferris — Mrs. Faulkner
- Genevieve O'Reilly — Mrs. Smith
- Owen Teale — Headmaster Gilson