Thomas Carlyle "Tom" Ford (born August 27, 1961) is an American fashion designer and film director. He gained fame as the creative director at Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent. In 2006, Ford launched his own "Tom Ford" label. Ford directed the Oscar-nominated film A Single Man, and, as of 2016, is directing Nocturnal Animals.
|This article about a person or group of people is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- You can only make the slit so much higher, the stiletto so much taller.
- Pang, Jeanine Celeste (March 2005). Tom Ford Visits Oxford. fashionlines.com. Retrieved on March 12, 2016.
- I guess I'm hyper-self-conscious about people thinking that I'm egotistical, but there's a difference between being egotistical and knowing your value as a product and an actor. I know my value as a product, and I've divorced myself as a human from myself as a product.
- Tom Ford Biography. Biography.com. A&E Television Networks. Retrieved on April 18, 2016.
- ... style without substance is nothing, the substance in the story was the most important thing. Of course, there is a layer of style. If I were a director working in a different era, I would have had to be at MGM. I don't think I'd probably know how to make anything but enhanced reality, because that's what comes naturally to me.
- Shapiro, Gregg (December 24, 2009). A singular man. The Bay Area Reporter. Retrieved on April 18, 2016.
- I believe in a parallel universe of image and fantasy that isn't so much fantasy as it is forever sealed in films and things that have entertained us for years. This parallel universe has influenced me perhaps even more than the real world or the physical world. Because when I think of certain things, like a beautiful woman, its most likely someone I saw on film... these are things I've been taking from film or television and applying it to real life.
- Vogue Voices: Tom Ford. Vogue (January 10, 2014). Retrieved on April 18, 2016.