The Well-Spoken Thesaurus (2011)
- Common Sense and Education: The more you think you have of one, the less you think you need of the other.
- The foolish read to escape reality; the wise surrender to it.
- Good writers indulge their audience; great writers know better.
- The educated don't get that way by memorizing facts; they get that way by respecting them.
- Nuance: for best results apply with sledge hammer.
- Courage is the ability to ignore your options.
- If you are your own worst enemy, don't do yourself any favors.
- Fear not the tyrant; fear the tyrant's wake.
- Cultural pluralism is the only thing we all have in common.