Tommy Smith (footballer, born 1945)
(Redirected from Tommy Smith)
|This sports figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Don't go for the player, go for the ball.
- I have never started a fight in my life but I have finished a few... sometimes I shudder when I think about what I have done.
- I don't think tackling is at all acceptable these days... there are a lot of cheats in the game, too.
Quotes about Tommy Smith
- Tommy Smith wasn't born, he was quarried.
- If he isn't named Footballer of the Year, football should be stopped and the men who picked any other player should be sent to the Kremlin.
Tommy on other people
- If Shankly was the Anfield foreman, Paisley was the brickie, ready to build an empire with his own hands."