Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tony Vigorito is an American author. His published books include Just a Couple of Days and Nine Kinds of Naked.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Forty-odd years ago, there was a countercultural moment, a brief, shining moment, as it were, when the eyes of a generation glimpsed the Eden beneath the veil. However fleeting was this paradise, or however harsh has been its repression, its light nonetheless inspired a rowdy cohort of artists to carry its torch into the future. Tom Robbins is one of these unruly pioneers, and his frequently bestselling novels are so saturated in an uncontainable joie de vivre that they have remained virtually required reading throughout the years and decades since their initial publication.
Just a Couple of Days (2001, 2007)
- No event, no matter how preposterous, will fail to find itself indispensable to some future happenstance.
Nine Kinds of Naked (2008)
- If you're not inspired, you are expired.
- Do your own thing, be your own king, that’s my philosophy. Lead or get out of the way.
- Don't get involved, get evolved.
- It would behoove us to groove.
- Beauty has no superlative.
- What a gift we are to us!
- One man's disobedience is another's derring-do.
- Anyway, the trick is simply this: No matter what happens, keep your heart open. Wide open. The heart is made of love, and love is indestructible, and only the arrogance of ego would presume that it requires protection. To open your heart is to reduce your ego, and this is the only magic that is ever required to experience the naked truth.
Love and Other Pranks (2017)
- May you be ever overwhelmed by how many people you love.
- All the world's a cage, and all the men and women are merely hamsters