Jump to navigation Jump to search
Torn Curtain is a 1966 film about an American scientist who publicly defects to East Germany as part of a cloak and dagger mission to find the solution for a formula resin and then tries to figure out a plan to escape back to the West.
It tears you apart with suspense! (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Professor Michael Armstrong
- It takes a scientist to pick a scientist's brain.
- I was able to combine mathematical logic with romantic inconsistency.
- I've often wondered if you professionals know what you're looking for when you go in and steal secret papers.
- We will produce a defensive weapon that will make all offensive nuclear weapons obsolete, and thereby abolish the terror of nuclear warfare.
- Against all the evidence, Michael, I'd say you had a very unscientific mind.
- Farmer: [describing Armstrong's contact] You'll recognize him. He has red hair which is not his own, and his name is Hugo. But don't give him that money until after you've landed.
- Professor Karl Manfred: Are they ever going to get the heating fixed?
- Norwegian crewman: They are working at it, Professor. Perhaps some of you scientists would like to give us a helping hand!
- Sarah Sherman: You're a scientist, and you're supposed to respect a natural order in all things. Breakfast comes before lunch.
- Professor Michael Armstrong: And marriage should come before a honeymoon cruise.
- Sarah Sherman: You're on the wrong boat.
- It tears you apart with suspense!
- Suspense! Action! Surprise!
- Paul Newman — Professor Michael Armstrong
- Julie Andrews — Sarah Sherman
- Lila Kedrova — Countess Kuchinska
- Hansjörg Felmy — Heinrich Gerhard
- Tamara Toumanova — Ballerina
- Wolfgang Kieling — Hermann Gromek
- Ludwig Donath — Professor Gustav Lindt
- Günter Strack — Professor Karl Manfred
- David Opatoshu — Mr. Jacobi
- Gisela Fischer — Dr. Koska
- Mort Mills — Farmer
- Carolyn Conwell — Farmer's Wife
- Arthur Gould-Porter — Freddy, the Bookseller