Transformers: The War Within
Jump to navigation Jump to search
War Within - Volume 1
- Bluestreak: Sentinel Prime is dead. They say Megatron himself ripped the spark core from his shattered torso. They say that he took his sweet time, killed Prime diode at a time. They say-
- Optronix: They say a lot, don't 'they'.
- Optronix: I'm trying to work here, Bluestreak. I have sixty-three datafeeds to input, with more incoming on five breem pulses. If you believe every eye-witness report, Megatron has personally devastated sixteen provinces and assassinated thirty ranking custodians. All in the time it's taken you to tell me about Sentinel Prime.
- Bluestreak: One moment, everyone's getting along. The next we have Decepticons, a rogue faction we never even knew existed, and a full scale civil war! Suddenly I'm no longer just a Cybertronian merchant, I'm an Autobot soldier!
- Skywarp [On a non-allied unprotected base]: You know, Thundercracker, it's so criminally easy, I have to ask myself- Should we really take advantage?
- Thundercracker: And?
- Skywarp: Oh, sure.
- [Grimlock rendezvous with Jazz and Prowl in Praxus, a destroyed city
- Grimlock: You here, good. Much to discuss. This place, it metaphor for the old ways, gone now. No more time for contemplation or mysticism. We out of time.
- Jazz: Oh brother!
- [The Matrix is passed to Optronix]
- Gravitas: We are gathered here today, on this most sacred of occasions to bear witness as the torch is passed. Give honor to the new Prime. The wheel turns - The eternal cycle continues. Let the creator's vision fill this vessel and unlock it's hidden depths. In these dark times, more so than ever before, we have need of a strong leader to guide us into the light. Only a true Prime shall contain the Matrix fire. This, then, is the sign - The truth, the wisdom. This is Optimus Prime
- Optimus Prime [Speaking to the Decepticon assassins]: If it's me you want...
- Darklight: It's your head, actually. On a spike. Megatron has decreed it.
- Megatron: Alas, poor Xeon. If only he could have known what a dark smear his death would leave on the history logs of Cybertron. Would he, I wonder, have been so quick to accept our bribes, to turn a blind eye, if he could see now all he unwittingly set in motion? The emirate's greed was the opportunity, his death the spur. The beginning and now the end.
- Prowl [On the evacuation]: This is not a popular decision-- You know that, right? A lot of voices raised in opposition.
- Optimus Prime: Tell me, Prowl, is yours one of them?
- Voice of Cybertron: You are a not alone. You are a part of something far greater than you realize, Optimus Prime.
- Optimus Prime: I think that fall did more damage than I realized.
- Optimus Prime: So...I'm talking to myself. Right? If you really are this kind of inner voice, do you have any words of wisdom?
- Voice of Cybertron: Just two: Behind you!
- Starscream [On Megatron's failed attempt on Optimus Prime's life]: Oh dear. Things are not going quite to plan?
- Shockwave: Where is Megatron?
- Starscream: Dead. A tragic accident. I'm calling the shots now, Shockwave.
- Shockwave: Really. After I have broken the back of Autobot resistance and claimed Iacon in the name of the Decepticons we will review the situation. Shockwave out.
- Starscream: Pfah. We'll see.
- Megatron: This place seems to twist and turn of its own volition. But when in doubt, blow a big hole in something!
- Megatron [Beating up Optimus Prime]: A jumped-up records clerk, carrying power he barely comprehends. Really, they might have just as well given the Matrix directly to me!
- Kup: What is it with you and authority, Grimlock? I know it's the image, right? "Me, Grimlock -- Badass", but c'mon, there must have been someone you respected.
- Grimlock: No.
- Kup: You don't think much of our current Prime, I see that. But Sentinel Prime? He had his head screwed on.
- Grimlock: Eh. Not at the end, he didn't.
- Kup: What about Megatron? C'mon! You've stood both sides of the wire, seen this war from the inside out. Don't tell me you gave him attitude. I mean, when Megatron wanted you to jump, what did you say?
- Grimlock [Slams Kup against a wall]: Me, Grimlock -- Badass!
- Prowl [On defending inner Iacon against the Decepticons]: Instead of giving it all up, let's give it our all!
- Scrapper: It's not just a matter of shifting the power from there to here, Starscream...The planetary turbines have a whole different combustion ratio. And the mechaforming process itself requires intricate planning, staged implementation--
- Starscream: Scapper. I.DON'T.CARE! Do as I command or I'll have Motormaster here mechaform you!
- Kup: Uh-oh.
- Ironhide: Uh-oh? [realizes that the Decepticons have found them] Ohhh...Uh-oh!
- Kup [On defending Iacon]: Face it -- It's not looking good. Reminds me of the time...
- Ironhide: Kup, please! We're outnumbered three to one, pinned down with little or no real cover, and Cybertron is turning itself inside out. Don't try and tell me you've seen it all before.
- Thrust: Hey, Autobot, come out and die!
- Starscream: Autobots -- Gone! Shockwave -- Gone! Iacon -- Gone!
- Scrapper: Starscream, please, listen to me! The mechaforming platform isn't compatible with the energy from the planetary turbines. The system's overloading!
- Starscream: Gone. All gone!
- [Iacon is collapsing]
- Jazz: C'mon, Prowl, on your feet. We have to go!
- Prowl: Go? Go where?
- Motormaster: Engage forward ramming shields. Activate targeting scanners. Lock weapons. Fi--[Grimlock rams Motormaster] Aarh!
- Grimlock: Tsk tsk. Shame on you, Motormaster. Forgot to check mirror when pulling out! Have to revoke license!
- Wheeljack [Replying to an incoming transmission]: Say again. Who--? Oh. You want me to go where? Do *what? Oh!
- Wheeljack: Sixteen cycles of hard graft in advanced nano-mechanics. A sustained cluster of symposiums with the finest techno-theoritical minds on Cybertron and it all comes down to this!
[Shoots a missile towards the main turbine]
- Optimus Prime: [shows Grimlock a Golden Disk] You see this? It was given to me by Gravitas, just after I became Prime. It contains the combined wisdom of those who came before me. But you know what? [tosses the disk away] I choose my own path!