Jump to navigation Jump to search
Trevor G. Baylis (May 13, 1937 – 5 March 2018) was an English inventor. He is best known for inventing a wind-up radio.
|This article about an engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- A good idea turns every cog in your mind, making you scared of bed in case the whole machine grinds to a halt.
- Cited in: Andrew Razeghi (2008), The Riddle: Where Ideas Come From and How to Have Better Ones. p. 104
- As they say, art is pleasure, invention is treasure, and this nation has got to recognise that. If they can spend a fortune on dead sheep and formaldehyde, then it can spend a bit more of that money on inventors.
- Cited in: Jonathan Sutherland, Diane Canwell (2008), Essential Business Studies A Level: AS Student Book for AQA. p. 23
- But there is only one person I blame for getting shafted, and that’s myself. I went into the deal which I thought would secure the future of Orange Aids with culpable impetuosity. I had been used to doing business on a handshake and my word of honour, and I made the error of actually believing what the men in the pin-striped suits told me.
- Cited in: Gerald Ashley, Terry Lloyd (2010), Two Speed World: The Impact of Explosive and Gradual Change, p. 103
- The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. As long as you've got slightly more perception that the average wrapped loaf, you could invent something.
- Cited in: Daniel H. Pink (2006), A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future. p. 137