Trick 'r Treat
Trick 'r Treat is a 2009 anthology horror film about four stories that revolve around the spirit of Halloween. All four stories take place on the same Halloween night, and each story is connected to the other in some way. Each story also has the eerie presence of "Sam," a pint-sized trick-or-treater who punishes those who don't follow the traditions of Halloween.
- Written and directed by Michael Dougherty.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Principal Steven Wilkins
- Here. Help yourself. [pulls a knife out of his bag] It's for the pumpkin, not you. Promise. All of mine were dull. Ahh, smashin' jack-o'-lanterns? Stealin' candy? It's OK. Believe it or not, I was just like you when I was a kid. 'Til my dad set me straight, that is. See, my dad taught me tonight is about respecting the dead because this is the one night that the dead and all sorts of other things roam free... and pay us a visit. Sorry. All these traditions... jack-o'-lanterns, putting on costumes, handing out treats... they were started to protect us, but nowadays... no one really cares.
- I didn't do such a good job, did I? What do you think? [notices Charlie looking nauseous] Hey. You OK? You need a root beer? [chuckles] Oh, wait. That's right. There's another tradition, a very important one... always check your candy.
- [mocking his son] "Daddy, I wanna carve a pumpkin." "Daddy, I wanna go to the festival." "Daddy, I wish mommy was still alive."
- Screw you.
- Spite. Spite! Get your ass in here! Are you finished crappin' or what? [hears a noise from Wilkins's yard] Who the hell is that?! I got an NRA membership in my pocket - and a shotgun over the fireplace! So, get out of here before I--!
- What in God's name are you doin' down there, Wilkins? Hidin' bodies?
- Screw you!
- You gotta be fuckin' kidding me.
- Female Trick-or-Treater: [after been given candy from Mr. Kreeg] Thanks, Mr. Kreeg! Great mummy costume!
- School Bus Massacre Child: Wrong way... wrong way...
- Billy Wilkins: Charlie Brown is an asshole!
- Billy Wilkins: [Steven Wilkins places his hand on his son's head] Let's carve a scary face this time.
- Steven Wilkins: [raises a butcher knife above his head] A scary face it is. [Wilkins stabs down with the knife and grunts, then raises the bloodied knife; whispers] Wrap it around.
- Billy Wilkins: [smiles] But don't forget to help me with the eyes.
- [the camera pans out to reveal Charlie's severed head on a wooden turntable]:
- Chip Winslow: You must really like Halloween.
- Rhonda Curran: You mean Samhain?
- Chip Winslow: What?
- Rhonda Curran: Samhain, also known as All Hallows' Eve, also known as Halloween. Pre-dating Christianity, the Celtic holiday was celebrated on the one night between autumn and winter when the barrier between the living and the dead was thinnest, and often involved rituals that included human sacrifice. [pauses awkwardly] I like your eye patch.
- Chip Winslow: Oh...
- Sara Perry: You are so full of shit.
- Macy Rutherford: Really? Then I guess you won't mind being first.
Last words: Opening
- Emma Monroe: Henryyyyyyyyyyyy!
Last words: The Principal
- Charlie Rutherford: Oh, I can't, right now.
Last words: Surprise Party, Part 1
- Woman: I need help! (She is chased by the principal and is bitten in her throat)
Last words: The School Bus Massacre Revisited
- Sara Perry: Help me! Help me! (Ultimately, she is dragged away with chains as part of her costume to her death before she can reach the elevator)
- Chip Winslow: Where is she going? No! No! (He is then eaten alive by the zombie kids)
- Macy Rutherford: What are you doing? Please! Rhonda! (She then screams in horror and is eaten alive by zombie kids)
- Sam "Schrader" Hader: Rhonda, it's not a trick! (He is then eaten alive by zombie kids)
Last words: Surprise Party, Part 2
- Principal Steven Wilkins: What're you doing? (He eaten by werewolves)
- Poison, drowning, claw, or knife - so many ways to take a life.
- Quinn Lord — "Sam"
- Dylan Baker — Principal Steven Wilkins
- Brian Cox — Mr. Kreeg
- Anna Paquin — Laurie