Jump to navigation Jump to search
When he said I do, he never said what he did. taglines
- You're fired! [while launching a Harrier missile, from which Salim Abu Aziz is hanging]
- [narrating her story with Simon during the interrogation] I wanted to do something outrageous and it felt really good, to be needed, and to be trusted. It's just there's so much I want to do with this life and it feels that I haven't done anything. You know, the sand is running out of the hourglass, and I want to look back and say, [teary-eyed, points to wall] 'See, I did that, that was me, I was reckless and I was wild, and I fucking did it!'
Salim Abu Aziz
- [making his videotaped message to the United States] You have murdered our women, and our children, and bombed our cities from afar, like cowards, and you dare to call us terrorists? Now, we have the ability to strike back at our enemies. Unless you, America, pull all military forces out of the Persian Gulf area, immediately, and forever, Crimson Jihad will rain fire on one major US city each week, until our demands are met. First, we will detonate one nuclear weapon on this uninhabited island as a demonstration of our power. Crimson Jihad's willingness to be humanitarian. However, if these demands are not met, Crimson Jihad will rain fire on one major American city each week.
Albert "Gib" Gibson
- You know what? I'm sick of being in the van. You guys can be in the van next time. I've been in the van for 15 years, Harry...
- [Albert Gibson tries to comfort Harry Tasker over his wife Helen seeing someone on the side]
- Albert Gibson: Same thing happened to me with wife number two, remember? I had no idea nothing was going on. I come home, and the house is empty. She even took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?
- Harry Tasker: It's not Helen.
- Gibson: Helen still loves you. She just wants to bang this guy for a while. It's nothing serious. You'll get used to it soon...
- Tasker: Stop cheering me up!!!! [slams Albert against a post]
- Gibson: [pause; serious] What'd you expect? Helen's a flesh-and-blood woman, and you're never there. It was just a matter of time. I say we concentrate on work. That's what I do every time my life turns to dog shit. I concentrate on work, and that gets me by. Right, buddy? It's gonna be great. [ushers him back to car] We're gonna catch some terrorists. We're gonna beat the crap out of them. You're going to feel a hell of a lot better. Watch your head.
- [Harry's tracked down Helen's supposed paramour, Simon at a used car dealership and test-drives his '57 Chevy]
- Simon: Okay, just ask yourself: What do women really want? You take these bored housewives, married to the same guy for years, they're stuck in a rut, then need some release! Promise of adventure, a hint of danger. I create that for them.
- Harry Tasker: So basically, you're lying your ass off the whole time. See, I can't do that.
- Simon: What are you, a Boy Scout? No, no, no, think of it as playing a role as fantasy. I mean, you got to work on their dreams. Get them out of their daily suburban grind for a few hours.
- Harry: But what about their husbands?
- Simon: Dickless! I mean, let's face it, if they took care of business, I'd be out of business! You know what I mean? [laughs]
- Harry: [fake laughs] Those idiots!
- [Harry is reading the tapped phone conversations from Helen, and notices something, pulling over.]
- Albert Gibson: My turn to drive?
- Harry Tasker: Give me the page.
- Gibson: What are you talking about?
- Harry: This jumps from page 9 to page 11. Where's page 10?
- Gibson: [looks at paper] It's gotta be a typo.
- Harry: [shouts] Give me the goddamn page! [smashes the passenger side of the window with his bare fist.]
- Gibson: [Gibson looks at the window] OK. [Quickly grabs page 10 from coat]
- [Harry has called up Omega Sector resources to track Helen and Simon.]
- Harry Tasker: You tell on me, I'll tell on you.
- Albert Gibson: What are you talking about? I'm as clean as a preacher's sheets. I'm clean as...
- Tasker: What about the time you blew a six-week operation because you were too busy getting a blow job?
- Gibson: You knew about that?
- Tasker: Uh-huh.
- Gibson: Let's take Franklin, it's quicker.
- Harry Tasker: The code name of your assignment will be Boris. And your code name will be...
- Helen Tasker: [hopeful] Natasha?
- Harry: No... Doris.
- [Harry's giving in to the truth serum Dr. Samir injected him with]
- Harry Tasker: First I'm gonna use you as a human shield, then I'm gonna kill this guard over there, with the Patterson trocar on the table. Then I was thinking about breaking your neck.
- Samir: And how are you going to do all that?
- Tasker: You know my handcuffs?
- Samir: Hmm...
- Tasker: [holds up his hands] I picked them.
- [Harry is commandeering a Harrier to rescue his daughter.]
- Albert Gibson: Harry, do you realize it has been, in fact, ten years since you've been behind the wheel of one of these things?
- Harry Tasker: If I break it, they can take it outta my pay.
- When he said I do, he never said what he did.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger — Harry Tasker
- Jamie Lee Curtis — Helen Tasker
- Tom Arnold — Albert Gibson
- Bill Paxton — Simon