Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tyrannicide is the killing of a tyrant.
- One who liberates his country by killing a tyrant is to be praised and rewarded.
- Thomas Aquinas, Commentary on the Sentences of Peter Lombard, in Thomas Aquinas: Political Writings (Basil Blackwell: 1959), p. 185.
- Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience to God.
- Benjamin Franklin, motto on seal he created for the United States (August 1776) Library of Congress, as reported in The Genevan Reformation and the American Founding, p. 8
- Most of the fascist functionaries live as unguarded as I do. I could slip a knife between Max Rafferty's ribs. The Agnews and Du Ponts, the Rockefellers and Morgans, all of the Getty, Hunt, and Hughes types who sneak around in armored cars and jets are just as reachable. ... Hell will be their reward.
- Man is only free if he is prepared to kill every hangman and every power magnate if they do not wish to stop their shameful tasks.
- Nestor Makhno, The Anarchist Revolution
- A superabundance of actual wealth in the hands of the few must create hunger, typhus, and other epidemics among the many. The injustice - yea the idiocy - of this state of affairs is evident. The money-bags of course merely shrug their shoulders. This they will continue to do until a rope well tied over their shoulders will end all further shrugging.
- Johann Most, The Beast of Property (1884)
- Let every dirty, lousy tramp arm himself with a revolver or a knife, and lay in wait on the steps of the palaces of the rich and stab or shoot the owners as they come out. Let us kill them without mercy, and let it be a war of extermination.
- Lucy Parsons, as reported in Chicago Tribune (1885), as quoted in "What’s Missing From Black History Month" by Jon Hochshartner in The Red Phoenix (10 February 2012)