Ultraviolet is a 2006 film about a young woman, Violet Song jat Shariff, who is the victim of a vampirical like disease called hemophagia. She comes across a young boy who may be part of the government's plot. In protecting him she finds out why he is so important.
- Directed and written by Kurt Wimmer.
- Hello. My name is Violet, and I was born into a world you may not understand.
- You are all gonna die!
- I think I had to know what I was willing to die for.
- Killing is what I do. It's what I'm good at. I am a titan, a monolith. Nothing can stop me.
- (pointing out tattoos on her fingers) "Comrade" [pinky], "lover" [ring], "wife" [middle], and this one [index].... This one was going to say "mother", but then I got sick, and all that became impossible.
- Because these moments, as beautiful as they are, they're evil when they're gone.
- Is that all you've got?
- You think those people are bad? Well let me tell you something. The real monster you don't want knocking down your door is me.
- When I was a kid, when I was just a little girl, I used to dream about this old, dusty road. And this road would go on as far as the eye could see. There were all these little white flowers growing around the edges. And it was such a peaceful place. But then you realize, when life settles in around you, places like this... doesn't exist.
- Nerva, listen. You know it doesn't matter for me. I'll be dead in thirty-six hours, no matter what. But every human for a quarter mile doesn't have to die with me.
- [To Six, who is getting close to a sleeping man.] Hey! Park it, right there! [Signaling to a seat in front of her. She gets no response.] Don't make me have to tell you twice. Sit!
- Okay. Let's start simple. They had to call you something, right? [Shaking Six's hand.] Hi, I'm Violet, nice to meet you.
- If they corner us, suffer no delusions: I will kill you.
- I believe you & I have matters of mutual self-interest to discuss.
- Are you mental?
- It is on!
- You got Hemo blood on me.
- Now that you and those like you are all but extinct, what's someone like me, someone with a job to do, going to use to keep order in a society that left to itself would sprint towards chaos like an Olympic event?
- WATCH ME!
- Daxus: Do you know who I am?
- Violet: How could I not... tyrant, egomaniac, narcissist? That about sums it up, doesn't it?
- Daxus: Yes, it may be true. I may have quirks...
- Security Chief: Why are you doing this?
- Violet: Because I hate humans with every fiber of my being. And I'll kill every one I see almost as quickly as they'll try to kill me.
- Security Chief: Listen to yourself! You used to be human!
- Violet: But not anymore, right? I got sick... and now I'm something less than human. Something worthy of extermination.
- Long Haired Hemophage 2: How can you hope to defeat us? We're not the Chinese Blood Alliance. We're as strong as you...
- Long Haired Hemophage 1: ...we're as fast as you...
- Violet: Yeah...But are you one-tenth as pissed off as I am?
- The Blood War is on. (Poster)
- First, they made her a weapon. That was their second-deadliest mistake. Now, they've made her a target...
- Milla Jovovich — Violet Song jat Shariff
- Nick Chinlund — Daxus
- Cameron Bright — Six
- Sebastian Andrieu — Nerva
- William Fichtner — Garth